In conjunction with Major League Soccer’s commitment to returning to play in the safest manner possible in local markets, FC Dallas will adhere to the following media rules and protocols for all matches at Toyota Stadium during the 2020 season. Please note that due to the unique circumstances surrounding the 2020 season, FC Dallas, MLS and local health officials have placed strict policies to create a safe environment to minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Toyota Stadium. Media members who refuse to follow these protocols will result in loss of stadium access and credential revocation.
We thank you for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Toyota Stadium, please be mindful of the following:
- All media members will be required to undergo a temperature check and complete a Standardized Screening Questionnaire each matchday prior to being granted entry to Toyota Stadium. Temperature checks will be completed at the West Side Media Gate.
- A face mask will be required at all times while on site. All face masks need to cover nose and mouth at all times. FC Dallas reserves the right to approve all face masks, and to prohibit or disallow any masks deemed unacceptable. Face masks will be made available to media upon request.
- Media members must maintain physical distancing from one another and others whenever possible inside Toyota Stadium. Congregating will be prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout Toyota Stadium. Media members are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently and may be required to wear gloves in certain instances.
- Please restrict your movement to your assigned work location and only use designated restrooms.
- All media members will be given Tier 3 credentialing to Toyota Stadium.
- Previously issued 2020 FC Dallas Season Credential will be honored in a limited capacity.
- Due to the limited number of seats in the press box, we ask that only one media member per outlet RSVP to accommodate seating.
- Media who plan to cover any match during the 2020 season must RSVP with FC Dallas Media Services Coordinator Marleine Calderon (MCalderon@FCDallas.com) 24 hours prior to matchday to provide an assigned seat.
- All media members approved entry to Toyota Stadium will receive a wristband after completing temperature check and submitting the Standardized Screening Questionnaire.
- All photographers and videographers will be required to wear a bib provided by FC Dallas. Bibs will be checked out at the West Side Media Gate and will be required to be used at every game attended. Photographers and videographers must launder their own bibs and return them at the end of the season.
- Media access will begin two (2) hours prior to kickoff. Media must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour following postgame interviews.
- Per MLS protocols, access to the field, locker room, interview room, concourse, stadium seats and clubs is prohibited.
- Print and TV media members will be assigned a seat in the press box with greater spacing between seats to adhere with individual local and state regulations and CDC guidelines on physical distancing.
- Photographers will be assigned a specific working location down by the Toyota Stadium stage, adhering to the same physical distancing guidelines.
- All media members will be escorted to their assigned workspace. Media members are not permitted to roam the stadium and must remain in their assigned location for the duration of their time at Toyota Stadium.
- Per MLS protocols, media members will not have direct access to players, coaches, Club delegation members or other Tier 1 or Tier 2 individuals at any point, unless specifically escorted or permitted by FC Dallas.
- No cameras or media members are permitted on the field during warmups or in technical areas.
- Media parking is available in the Red Lot across World Cup Way.
- All media members must wear an appropriate face mask during the entire entrance screening process and while walking through the parking lot to the doors of Toyota Stadium.
MEDIA WILL CALL/ENTRANCE
- For the remainder of the 2020 season, Media Will Call will be in conjunction with the West Side Media Entrance of Toyota Stadium, adjacent to the Platinum Lot. Media must enter and exit through this dedicated location only.
- The West Side Media Entrance is a tented entrance located just south of the West Gate. Click HERE for a Toyota Stadium map.
- After credential pickup and screening process, media will be escorted to their assigned locations in the press box using the freight elevator through the WinStar World Casino and Resort kitchen. Photographers will be escorted across the concourse and access the Toyota Stadium stage through the stairs by the north concourse and Lamar Hunt statue.
- Media will be escorted out of Toyota Stadium one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
- All media information will be available online on FCDallas.com/Media, the MLS Media Resources page and MatchCenter and will also be posted on the @FCDPR Twitter account.
- No printed information media materials will be available
MEDIA AVAILABILITIES AND PLAYER/HEAD COACH INTERVIEWS
- Media availabilities will be provided on Matchday -2 via video conference calls. Information regarding who will join the conference calls will be emailed weekly with the training schedules. Media members are encouraged to follow @FCDPR on Twitter as well for any updates.
- Head coach Luchi Gonzalez and two players (one English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking) will be available via video conference call at every Matchday -2 press conference.
- Head coach Luchi Gonzalez and two players (one English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking) will be available via video conference call at every postgame press conference.
- All media members attending matches at Toyota Stadium will participate in the postgame press conference virtually from their assigned seats. Media not in attendance are also welcome to attend the postgame media availability via video conference.
- Players and coaches will be made available to all general media approximately 15 minutes from the final whistle of each match.
- Media members are required to wear face masks while conducting interviews from assigned seats.
- Players and coaches will be required to wear face masks for all media interviews (pregame, postgame, flash interviews, etc.)
- All press conferences will be recorded and will be available in the Pregame and Postgame Soundbite folders on FCDallas.com/Media
- All media members are prohibited from entering the locker room of either Club for interviews, filming or any other purpose.
- FC Dallas will refer to the MLS Media Access Policy for further information regarding media access.
PRINT AND TV MEDIA GUIDELINES
- Print and TV media members will be assigned a seat in the press box.
- Wireless internet access is available through ToyotaStadium_Media.
- The Press Box will be restricted to only Tier 3 credentialed media members and club personnel.
- Access to the field, locker room, interview room, concourse, stadium seats and clubs is prohibited. Media members are not permitted to roam the stadium and must remain in their assigned location for the duration of their time at Toyota Stadium.
- Photographers will be permitted on-site two (2) hours prior to kickoff and must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
- There will be no field access. Photographers will be able to shoot a match from assigned positions at least 20 feet from the field touchline on the Toyota Stadium stage. Positions are subject to the minimum distance requirements.
- Photographers must stay in a fixed position during run of play and must maintain physical distanced space between themselves and others at all times.
- Photographers may not roam without approval from the FC Dallas Media and Communications team.
- Photographers should not enter the playing field, locker rooms or other Restricted Areas proximate to players, coaches, Club delegation members or other Tier 1 or Tier 2 individuals at any point, unless specifically escorted or permitted by FC Dallas.
- Photographers will have a photo workspace located on the Toyota Stadium stage with tables, power and ethernet connectivity.
- Seats will be provided along the edge of the stage and underneath the video boards on the north side of Toyota Stadium.
- Restrooms will be available near the stage.
- Videographers will be permitted on-site two (2) hours prior to kickoff and must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
- There will be no field access. Videographers will be able to shoot a match from an assigned position determined by FC Dallas and MLS prior to admission but will not include being in any location being proximate to Tier 1 individuals or the playing field. Positions are subject to the minimum distance requirements.
- Videographers must wear gloves, avoid touching surfaces with their hands, and maintain physical distance from others in the seating bowl.
- Photographers may not roam without approval from the FC Dallas Media and Communications team.
TELEVISION LIVE SHOTS
- FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium will determine the location for TV news crews to film standups and live hits inside and outside of the stadium,
- There will be no access to the field of play, field level or player tunnel areas.
- Crews will be required to follow health and safety guidelines, including physical distancing and PPE.
- No meal service will be available. Media members may bring their own meals when they first enter the stadium. Media will not be allowed to leave property and re-enter Toyota Stadium.
- Bottled water will be provided.
- Food deliveries will not be permitted onto Toyota Stadium property.
PRO POOL REPORTER
- The virtual process will be initiated when a pool reporter emails questions to a general communications inbox, where responses will be facilitated by MLS Communications through answers provided by PRO General Manager Howard Webb.
- Additional details about this will be provided on matchday.
- Network: ToyotaStadium_Media
- Password: TSMedia2019!
- The public ToyotaStadiumWiFi is also accessible throughout Toyota Stadium.