FC Dallas will adhere to the following media rules and protocols for all matches at Toyota Stadium during the 2021 season. Please note that the FC Dallas Media and Communications Department will continue to follow the policies and guidelines set in place by Major League Soccer and in consultation with state and local health authorities to provide a safe environment to minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Toyota Stadium and Toyota Soccer Center. Media members who refuse to follow these protocols will result in loss of stadium access and credential revocation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
To minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Toyota Stadium, please be mindful of the following:
- All media members will be required to complete a Standardized Screening Questionnaire each matchday prior to being granted entry to Toyota Stadium at the West Side Media Gate.
- Media members should bring and wear their own face mask to Toyota Stadium. A face mask will be required when entering the building and at all indoor stadium locations, including the press box and press conference room. Face masks will be made available to media upon request.
- Media members must practice physical distancing from one another and others whenever possible inside Toyota Stadium as required by state and local regulation.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout Toyota Stadium. Media members are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently and may be required to wear gloves in certain instances.
- Please restrict your movement to your assigned work location and only use designated restrooms to help with contact tracing.
- All media members will be given Tier 3 credentialing to Toyota Stadium.
- Media who plan to cover any match during the 2021 season must RSVP to FC Dallas Media Services Coordinator Marleine Calderon (MCalderon@FCDallas.com) 48 hours prior to matchday to provide an assigned seat and press box meal.
- All media members approved entry to Toyota Stadium will receive a red wristband after completing the Standardized Screening Questionnaire.
- All photographers and videographers will be required to wear a bib provided by FC Dallas. Bibs will be checked out at the West Side Media Gate and will be required to be used at every game attended. Photographers and videographers must launder their own bibs and return them at the end of the season. If not returned, there will be a $25 charge to replace bib.
- Media access will begin two (2) hours prior to kickoff and will close 20 minutes after kickoff. Media who arrive after the West Media Gate closes without communicating with the FC Dallas Media and Communications team will not be allowed entry as a temperature check and complete a Standardized Screening Questionnaire are required each matchday prior to entry to Toyota Stadium.
- Media must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour following postgame interviews.
- Per MLS protocols, access to the field, locker room, interview room, concourse, stadium seats and clubs continues to be prohibited.
- Print and TV media members will be assigned a seat in the press box.
- Photographers will be assigned a specific working location down by the Toyota Stadium stage or South End.
- All photographers seating at field level will be at a minimum of 20 feet from the nearest touchline.
- All media members will be escorted to their assigned workspace. Media members are not permitted to roam the stadium and must remain in their assigned location for the duration of their time at Toyota Stadium. Failure to comply with this can result in permanent revocation of FC Dallas media credentials.
- Per MLS protocols, Tier 3 media members must maintain physical distance from players, coaches, Club delegation members, or other Tier 1 or Tier 2 individuals at any point, unless specifically escorted or permitted by FC Dallas.
- No cameras or media members are permitted on the field during warmups or in technical areas.
- Media parking is available in the Gold Lot adjacent to Dr. Pink Field at Toyota Soccer Center.
- All media members must wear an appropriate face mask during the entire entrance screening process and while walking through Toyota Stadium, the press box and press conference room.
MEDIA WILL CALL/ENTRANCE:
- The Media Will Call will be in conjunction with the West Side Media Entrance of Toyota Stadium, adjacent to the Platinum Lot. Media must enter and exit through this dedicated location only.
- The West Side Media Entrance is located just south of the West Gate by concession stand 9.
- After the screening process, media will be escorted to their assigned locations in the press box using the freight elevator through the WinStar World Casino and Resort kitchen. Photographers will be escorted across the concourse and access the Toyota Stadium stage through the stairs by the north concourse and Lamar Hunt statue.
- Media will be escorted out of Toyota Stadium one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
MEDIA AVAILABILITIES AND PLAYER/HEAD COACH INTERVIEWS:
- Media availabilities will be provided on Matchday -2 via video conference calls. Information regarding who will join the conference calls will be emailed the day prior to the conference call.
- Head coach Luchi Gonzalez and two players (one English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking) will be available via video conference call at every Matchday -2 press conference.
- Head coach Luchi Gonzalez and two players (one English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking) will be available at every postgame press conference.
- Media members can attend the postgame press conference in the South End Press Conference Room but must wear a mask and be socially distant from players and coaches.
- Players and coaches will be made available to all general media approximately 15 minutes from the final whistle of each match.
- Media members are required to wear face masks while conducting interviews from assigned seats.
- Players and coaches will be required to wear face masks for all media interviews (pregame, postgame, flash interviews, etc.)
- All interviews will be recorded and will be available on MLS’ Media Asset Management Platform
- Sign up here: https://mls.imagencloud.com/site/index
- Media must select “media/other” when filling out the form. Once submitted, it may take up to 24 hours to be approved. Once approved, media will have access to view/download footage.
- All media members are prohibited from entering the locker room of either Club for interviews, filming or any other purpose.
- FC Dallas will refer to the MLS Media Access Policy for further information regarding media access.
PRINT AND TV MEDIA GUIDELINES:
- Print and TV media members will be assigned a seat in the press box.
- Wireless internet access is available through ToyotaStadium_Media.
- The Press Box will be restricted to only Tier 3 credentialed media members and club personnel.
- Photographers will be permitted on-site two (2) hours prior to kickoff and must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
- There will be no field access. Photographers will be able to shoot a match from assigned positions at least 20 feet from the field touchline on the Toyota Stadium stage and from the south end of Toyota Stadium. Positions are subject to the minimum distance requirements.
- Photographers must remain in assigned location during run of play and must maintain physical distanced space between themselves and others at all times.
- Photographers may not roam without approval from the FC Dallas Media and Communications team.
- Photographers should not enter the playing field, locker rooms or other Restricted Areas proximate to players, coaches, Club delegation members, or other Tier 1 or Tier 2 individuals at any point, unless specifically escorted or permitted by FC Dallas.
- Photographers will have a photo workspace located in the Shell Space on the north end of the stadium. There will be tables, power and ethernet connectivity available.
- Photographers will access the Shell Space through the tunnel on the north end by the stage. Take the elevator up to the FC Dallas Offices.
- Once on the FC Dallas Offices floor, please go around the corner to the right and enter the Shell Space on the first door to the right.
- Photographers can exit the Stadium through the front lobby.
- Seats will be provided along the edge of the stage and underneath the video boards on the north side of Toyota Stadium.
- Assigned seats will be provided in the south end of Toyota Stadium will be provided in the second half of the match.
- Restrooms will be available near the stage and near the Shell Space.
- Videographers will be permitted on-site two (2) hours prior to kickoff and must leave Toyota Stadium no later than one (1) hour after the conclusion of the match.
- There will be no field access. Videographers will be able to shoot the first 15 minutes of each half for non-broadcast coverage from an assigned position determined by FC Dallas and MLS prior to admission but will not include being in any location being proximate to Tier 1 individuals or the playing field. Positions are subject to the minimum distance requirements.
- Videographers must maintain physical distance from others in the seating bowl and may not roam without approval from the FC Dallas Media and Communications team.
TELEVISION LIVE SHOTS:
- FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium will determine the location for TV news crews to film standups and live hits inside and outside of the stadium.
- There will be no access to the field of play, field level or player tunnel areas.
- Crews will be required to follow health and safety guidelines, including physical distancing and PPE.
- Unauthorized live streaming during a match is prohibited on third-party platforms (e.g. Instagram Live, Facebook Live, etc.) without separate written authorization from FC Dallas.
- Meal service will be available in the press box during the 2021 season. Media members are required to RSVP to FC Dallas Media Services Coordinator Marleine Calderon (MCalderon@FCDallas.com) 48 hours prior to matchday to ensure a press box meal will be ordered.
- Press box meals will be served two hours before kickoff and will end at the start of the match.
- Bottled water will be provided.
- Media will not be allowed to leave property once they are inside. Food deliveries will not be permitted onto Toyota Stadium property.
PRO POOL REPORTER:
- The virtual process will be initiated when a pool reporter emails questions to a general communications inbox, where responses will be facilitated by MLS Communications through answers provided by PRO General Manager Howard Webb.
- Network: ToyotaStadium_Media
- Password: TSMedia2019!
- The public ToyotaStadiumWiFi is also accessible throughout Toyota Stadium.
TRAINING COVERAGE AT TOYOTA SOCCER CENTER
FC Dallas has been granted access by the FC Dallas medical staff to allow a limited number of media to cover training at Toyota Soccer Center. Media will be required to follow the following guidelines:
- Media will be required to park for FC Dallas training at the North Sienna Blue Lot adjacent to Camry Field 1.
- Media will then sign in, enter Toyota Soccer Center through the gates adjacent to North Sienna Blue Lot and use the walkway between Field 1 and Field 4 to access the designated media observation location.
- Media will be positioned at least 10 feet apart on the west side of Camry Field 1 and 30 feet away from the nearest touchline.
- Masks will be required at all times while on property.
- No media will be allowed to enter any club facilities.
- All interviews will continue to be fully remote via video conference call.