FC DALLAS vs. LA GALAXY
MLS Regular Season, Week 24
August 14 - 9:30PM
Dignity Health Sports Park – Los Angeles, CA
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270 AM
- FCD record: 10-9-6 (36 pts., 7th in West)
- LA record:12-11-1 (37 pts., 5th in West)
- FCD vs. LA all-time: 28-33-12 (105 GF, 124 GA)
- FCD vs. LA Away: 7-24-5 (38 GF, 72 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off a big win over the 2nd ranked Minnesota United FC on Saturday night. They broke their winless streak with a big 5-3 win. Leading up to that match FC Dallas had lost 2-0 against Orlando and drawn against Real Salt Lake. LA Galaxy is currently coming off a 2-1 loss against D.C. United on Sunday night. The Galaxy team equalized early in the second half but then couldn’t respond when D.C. scored for the second time. Leading up to that match LA Galaxy had lost the two previous matches against Atlanta and Portland.
GALAXY RETURN HOME
- This will be the LA Galaxy’s first match at home in MLS play since they faced LAFC on July 19th. They also will be hunting for a win at home following a three game lose streak on the road. Not only will LA be looking to switch their momentum, but FC Dallas will be looking to record their second win of the season against the Galaxy.
DEPTH IN FULL FORCE
- Both FC Dallas and the LA Galaxy had multiple player return last week from MLS All-Star events, yellow card accumulations, and new additions from the transfer window. FC Dallas regained Reggie Cannon and Bryan Acosta as well as 6 players from MLS All-Star Events and the team saw an improvement in performance being able to utilize their roster depth. They also added midfielder Eric Alexander to the roster after obtaining him off waivers. The Galaxy regained Zlatan Ibrahimović and Diego Polenta from yellow card accumulations before D.C. United as well as Cristian Pavon joining their roster. The depth of both rosters will be a key factor in preparing and utilizing players for the midweek match.
BUILDING THE ATTACK
- After success in an offense focused formation against Minnesota United, FC Dallas will be looking to optimize their momentum and opportunities against the LA team. The defense will look to shut down Zlatan and the deep Galaxy offense, while also using the improvements against Minnesota to win against the Galaxy for the second time this season.