Arlington, TX (Oct. 23, 2021) - North Texas SC earned a dramatic 4-1 comeback victory over New England Revolution II to move into a playoff position with one game remaining in the regular season.
- 4’ – (GOAL, NE) Justin Rennicks opened the scoring for New England with a finish into the bottom corner after a clever one-two with Ryan Spaulding.
- 8’ – (SHOT, NTX) Derek Waldeck joined the attack and nearly leveled the game.
- 11’ – (GOAL, NTX) Eddie Munjoma tied the game by lifting the ball over goalkeeper Joseph Rice after Kalil ElMedlhar played him through the backline.
- 28’ – (EJECTION, NTX) Defender Mark Salas was shown a red card for tripping New England’s Justin Rennicks outside the box and denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.
- 48’ – (SHOT, NE) Rennicks had a chance from close range but his shot was crucially blocked by Eddie Munjoma.
- 55’ – (SHOT, NE) Damian Rivera scored his penalty but it was called back as he was judged to have touched the ball twice.
- 58’ – (GOAL, NTX) Substitute Bernard Kamungo gave North Texas the lead with a left-footed shot from inside the box.
- 65’ – (SHOT, NE) Edward Kizza nearly equalized for New England but his header went narrowly wide of the post.
- 77’ – (SHOT, NE) Kizza forced a great save from Richard Sanchez from point-blank range.
- 83’ – (GOAL, NTX) Gibran Rayo extended the lead with a right-footed effort that found the bottom corner.
- 90’ – (GOAL, NTX) Kamungo added his second goal of the game to make it 4-1 and notch his first brace for the club
North Texas SC — Richard Sánchez, Derek Waldeck, Collin Smith, Lucão, Mark Salas, Eddie Munjoma, Blaine Ferri, Kalil ElMedkhar, Kazu (Bernard Kamungo - 46’), Nicky Hernandez, Gibran Rayo (Gabriel Morais - 90’)
Substitutes not used — Michael Maldonado, Antonio Carrera, Hope Avayevu
New England Revolution II — Joseph Rice, Francois Dulysse (Meny Silva - 67’), Ryan Spaulding, Sean O'Hearn, Tyler Freitas, Justin Rennicks, Esmir Bajraktarevic (Hikaru Fujiwara - 62’), Noel Buck, Damian Rivera, Jake Rozhansky, Edward Kizza
Substitutes not used — Dennis Ramirez, Marzuq Puckerin, Pierre Cayet, Colby Quinones, Yannik Oettl
NE: Justin Rennicks – 4’
NTX: Eddie Munjoma – 10’NTX: Bernard Kamungo – 57’NTX: Gibran Rayo – 83’NTX: Bernard Kamungo – 90’
NTX: Mark Salas (Ejection) — 28’*
NE:* Francois Dulysse (Caution) — 32’*
NE:* Jake Rozhansky (Caution) — 77’Attendance: 880
Weather: Partly Sunny, 81℉
Referee: Jeremy Scheer
Assistant Referees: Justen Lopez, Eric Schreiber
4th Official: Amilcar Sicaj