The FC Dallas Youth (FCDY) College Preparation Program (“CPP”) has been designed to assist the needs of our aspiring collegiate level soccer players, & to provide specifically developed guidance, information & resources that will enable each FCDY player to maximize their opportunity to play college or professional soccer, and to receive the maximum opportunity to qualify for scholarships and financial aid. FCDY uses the web-based program “College Fit Finder” as student centered on-line tools. This program provides FCDY players and parents the necessary information to ensure student success. Each player will get a username and password to access the College Fit Finder www.collegefitfinder.com website.
THE COLLEGE RECRUITING PROCESS
We will take a step by step process with the FC Dallas players in giving them action plans to follow along in conjunction with group seminars. Individual meetings are set up with each grade to go over the action plan for the particular year and to make sure each and every player is on course. Additionally, individual family meetings can be set up to ensure that the individual needs are being met and to assist in the process of finding the correct college/university, both academically and athletically.
In June of each year, FC Dallas will host a 3 day college combine for boys and girls. Through training sessions, condition matches, and a college seminar, college coaches will provide players with insight to the demands of the college game and recruiting process.
- August – College Seminar for FC Dallas Coaches to go over NCAA recruiting rules, the role of the coach in the recruiting process.
- September/October - Group meetings with each academic year to go over the action plan.
- November through April –family meetings to assist in the college process
- December - 2 day AdvoCare Winter College Combine (boys and girls)
- College Signing Night presented by Chase – Early February
- Early March - adidas FC Dallas College Showcase presented by AdvoCare
- May – FC Dallas Senior Recognition Night presented by Chase
- Early June- Boys and Girls Summer College Combine
Information on the topics below will be provided to our players at the Fall College Seminar Series.
- Factors to consider in Selecting a College
- College Ability Worksheet
- NCAA Eligibility Standards
- NCAA Recruiting Guide Contacting College Coaches
- Freshman Year Action Plan
- Sophomore Year Action Plan
- SAT and ACT Testing Dates and Registration
- NCAA Division One Sliding Scale GPA/ACT/SAT
- NCAA Eligibility Center Registration Checklist
- Senior Year Action Plan
- NCAA Rules – The use of agents
- College Help Website’s
- FAQ as you consider College
- FAQ with the NCAA Eligibility Center
For more information please contact FC Dallas Youth College Director, Scott Dymond, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-365-0206.