FC DALLAS vs. SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
2021 MLS Regular Season
November 7 - 5PM
PayPal Park – San Jose, CA
TXA 21 (English) | KMPX-29 (Spanish) | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 7-15-11 (32 points - 11th in West)
- SJ record: 10-13-10 (40 points - 10th in West)
- FCD vs. SJ all-time: 20-29-18 (78 GF, 104 GA)
- FCD vs. SJ away: 8-17-9 (39 GF, 59 GA)
- Decision Day marks the final day of the MLS regular season where 26 of the 27 teams play to decide the final standings ahead of playoffs. Unfortunately, the postseason futures of FC Dallas and San Jose Earthquakes have already been decided and Sunday’s game marks the last match of 2021 for both sides. So, the match at PayPal Park will be contested for bragging rights.
AT SAN JOSE
- Dallas has historically had a tough time when playing in San Jose. The ‘Quakes hold the best away record against FC Dallas/Dallas Burn since MLS’s inception in 1996 with a 12-12-8 all-time record. Dallas will have to buck that trend to get all three points against a San Jose team that's known for its unique man-marking style under head coach Matias Almeyda.
Head coach Marco Ferruzzi: “It’s a balance of managing chaos and out-matching chaos to some extent. Also being very ordered where we need to be ordered. Our game principles are going to remain the same and the moments where we feel like we can deal with them and exploits spaces, we’re going to have to take advantage of that.”
- Jáder Obrian has proved a reliable asset during his first season with FC Dallas. The Colombian has featured in all 33 matches for the club this year and contributed eight goals and four assists. Last game, Obrian added another assist in the 2-1 win over Austin FC which handed FC Dallas the inaugural Copa Tejas title. Obrian will look to complete his Iron Man challenge Sunday by featuring in every single MLS this year.
Head coach Marco Ferruzzi: “(Obrian's) got great durability for one thing, he's a very head strong and aggressive player. He's developed more tools throughout the season. He went through an adaptation period which most guys from different leagues have to go through. He's found ways to be himself and find his scoring boots and also ways to be effective in our league."