FC DALLAS vs. MONTREAL IMPACT
MLS Regular Season, Week 2
March 7- 2:00PM
Toyota Stadium –Frisco, TX
TXA21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | TUDN 1270 AM
- FCD record: 1-0-0 (3 pts., 3rd in West)
- MTL record:1-0-0 (3 pts., 3rd in East)
- FCD vs. MTL all-time: 5-1-2 (15 GF, 9 GA)
- FCD vs. MTL home: 4-0-1 (9 GF, 3 GA)
- Both FC Dallas and Montreal will be looking to build a winning streak following week 1 wins. Both teams are currently standing in third place in their respective conferences. FC Dallas came out in the first half against Philadelphia looking to find their rhythm, but entered the second half with new found energy and found the net with a bomb from Zdenek Ondrasek, and late goal from Paxton Pomykal. Montreal came away with a win due to a goal that broke the 1-1 tie late in the second half.
YOUNG COACHES MAKE A STATEMENT
- Both Luchi Gonzalez and Thierry Henry have made names for themselves in their careers in MLS. This will be the first matchup of these two as head coaches of teams. Thierry Henry signed with the Montreal Impact on November 14,2019 as the head coach and started off his coaching career with an MLS win and a Concacaf Champions League win. Luchi led FC Dallas to the playoffs in his first year as head coach and will look to get further this year.
MAXI URRUTI STARTS SEASON STRONG
- Former FC Dallas player Maxi Urruti led Montreal to their victory in the opener with a late goal in the second half. FC Dallas veterans such as Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead, and Matt Hedges will have to contain Maxi and shut down scoring opportunities if they want to walk away with another three points. Even though Maxi was on the roster a couple years a good, a large part of the FC Dallas roster is young or new and the team has built a different look since then.
KOBRA STRIKES AGAIN
- FC Dallas forward Zdenek "Kobra" Ondrasek started his season the same way it ended, scoring goals and adding enthusiasm all around the stadium. The match against Montreal in 2019 was considered his breakout when he scored his first FC Dallas goal and started a comeback that led FC Dallas to finish the match in a draw. After that game, Kobra went on to score seven goals, and is looking to beat that record this year.
- Both Montreal and FC Dallas both found their wins in the second half during week one. Heading in to week two both teams will be working to start the game off fast and finding the ability to score early. The defensive line for FC Dallas will have to be ready to stay tight and shut down Montreal's offense early if they want to keep them shut out through the 90 minutes.