Franco Jara scores late equalizer to earn a point on the road
- FC Dallas earned its second consecutive regular season draw at Lumen Field.
- FC Dallas is unbeaten in the last three matches with a 2-0-1 record.
- Nkosi Tafari recorded his first MLS assist.
- Franco Jara scored his third goal of the season.
- FC Dallas faces Austin FC at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 7 at 7:30PM CT. The match will air locally on TXA21, FCDTV Network, KMPX-29, FCDallas.com/Radio and TUDN 1270AM.
Seattle, WA (August 4, 2021) – FC Dallas (4-7-6, 18 points) earns a point on a road after Franco Jara scored a late equalizer against Seattle Sounders FC (9-3-6, 33 points) at Lumen Field Wednesday night.
- 9’ – SHOT (DAL) – Facundo Quignon attempted a long-distance shot from way out and it sailed high over the goal defended by Stefan Cleveland.
- 13’ – SAVE (DAL) – João Paulo’s shot from the edge of the box is pushed out for a corner kick by Jimmy Maurer.
- 15’ – SAVE (DAL) – Paulo attempted a shot from inside the box following a cross from Cristian Roldan but Maurer managed to get his fingertips for his second save.
- 18’ – SAVE (DAL) – Maurer denied Raúl Ruidíaz’s left-footed shot from close range with his left leg to keep the game 0-0.
- 38’ – SAVE (DAL) – Freddy Montero made a cut back and unleashed a right-footed shot that was parried away by Jimmy Maurer.
- 40’ – SAVE (DAL) – Montero was able to get past his marker and as he attempted his shot, Maurer rushed off his line to deny the Seattle striker.
- 63’ – SHOT (DAL) – Ricardo Pepi fired a right-footed shot from outside the box after connecting a pass from Ryan Hollingshead but Stefan Cleveland made a diving save.
- 69’ – SHOT (DAL) – A bouncing ball inside the box was poked towards goal by Quignon, but Cleveland was able to punch it out.
- 72’ – GOAL (SEA) – Montero headed in a cross off a set-piece situation from Paulo to give Seattle a late lead.
- 80’ – SHOT (DAL) – Bryan Acosta collected a lose ball on the edge of the box and attempted a shot that went wide of the Seattle goal.
- 90’+1’ – GOAL (DAL) – Nkosi Tafari’s low cross was poked in by Franco Jara inside the box to tie the match late at 1-1.
FC Dallas — Jimmy Maurer; Ema Twumasi, Nkosi Tafari, Bressan, Ryan Hollingshead; Edwin Cerrillo (Andrés Ricaurte – 76’), Facundo Quignon, Paxton Pomykal (Freddy Vargas – 78’), Jesús Ferreira (Bryan Acosta – 66’), Szabolcs Schön (Jáder Obrian - 66’); Ricardo Pepi (Franco Jara - 76’).
Substitutes not used — Phelipe, Matt Hedges, John Nelson, Brandon Servania.
Seattle Sounders FC — Stefan Cleveland; Alex Roldan, Yeimar Gómez, Xavier Arreaga, Shane O’Neill, Jimmy Medranda (Brad Smith – 60’); Cristian Roldan, João Paulo, Kelyn Rowe (Nicolás Lodeiro – 87’), Freddy Montero (Will Bruin – 73’); Raúl Ruidíaz.
Substitutes not used — Spencer Richey, Abdoulaye Cissoko, Josh Atencio, Danny Leyva, Ethan Dobbelaere, Reed Baker-Whiting.
SEA (1-0): Freddy Montero (João Paulo) – 72’
DAL (1-1): Franco Jara (Nkosi Tafari) – 90’+1’
Stats Summary: FC Dallas/Seattle Sounders FC
Shots on Goal: 3/6
Corner Kicks: 5/3
SEA: Brad Smith (caution) – 87’
Weather: Clear, 84
Referee: Fotis Bazakos
Assistant Referees: Nick Uranga, Kevin Lock
Fourth official: Joshua Encarnación
VAR: Daniel Radford