Ricardo Pepi scored his 12th goal of the season in the 50th minute
- Ricardo Pepi scored his 12th goal of the season and is now third in the MLS Golden Boot race.
- Justin Che recorded his second assist of the season.
- FC Dallas travels to Red Bull Arena to face New York City FC on Tuesday, September 14 at 6:30PM CT. The match will air locally on TXA21, the FCDTV Network, KMPX-29, FCDallas.com/Radio and TUDN 1270AM.
- MLS Box Score
Frisco, Texas (September 11, 2021) – FC Dallas (6-10-8, 26 points) draws 1-1 with San Jose Earthquake (6-8-9, 27 points) on Saturday Night at Toyota Stadium.
- 6’ – GOAL (SJ) – San Jose’s Oswaldo Alanís converted from the penalty spot after a handball call was called on Matt Hedges.
- 36’ – SHOT (DAL) – Following a sequence in the midfield, Paxton Pomykal fired a shot that was pushed over the bar by San Jose’s goalkeeper.
- 40’ – SHOT (DAL) – Jesús Ferreira connected with a pass from Ricardo Pepi and sent a left-footed shot towards the bottom left of the net but JT Marcinkowski made the save.
- 45’+4’ – SHOT (DAL) – Jáder Obrian fired a shot from outside the box but his attempt was saved by Marcinkowski to keep San Jose up 1-0.
- 50’ – GOAL (DAL) – Ricardo Pepi headed in a cross from Justin Che to find Dallas’ equalizer after Che received a short pass from Jáder Obrian near the top of the box.
- 58 – SHOT (SJ) – Alanís sent a cross following a corner to San Jose’s Chris Wondolowski inside the six-yard box but his header hit the crossbar.
- 60’ – SHOT (DAL) – Jesús Ferreira attempted to chip the ball over Marcinkowski but San Jose’s goalkeeper was alert and made the save.
FC Dallas — Phelipe; Justin Che (Nkosi Tafari – 83’), Matt Hedges, José Martínez, Ema Twumasi; Brandon Servania (Bryan Acosta – 79’), Facundo Quignon; Jáder Obrian (Szabolcs Schön – 67’), Jesús Ferreira, Paxton Pomykal (Andrés Ricaurte – 74’); Ricardo Pepi.
Substitutes not used — Kyle Zobeck, Eddie Munjoma, Edwin Cerrillo, Kalil ElMedkhar.
FC Dallas Stats Summary:
Shots on Goal: 7
Corner Kicks: 8
San Jose Earthquakes — JT Marcinkowski; Nathan, Tanner Beason, Oswaldo Alanís, Luciano Abecasis (Paul Marie – 74’); Chris Wondolowski (Andrés Rios – 74’), Judson (Jack Skahan – 88’); Cristian Espinoza (Cade Cowell – 61’), Jackson Yueill, Carlos Fierro (Benji Kikanovic – 62’); Chofis.
Substitutes not used — Daniel Vega, Tommy Thompson, Jacob Akanyirige, Siad Haji.
San Jose Earthquakes Stats Summary:
Shots on Goal: 2
Corner Kicks: 5
SJ (0-1): Oswaldo Alanís (penalty) – 6’
DAL (1-1): Ricardo Pepi (Justin Che) – 50’
DAL: Matt Hedges (caution) – 4’
DAL: Brandon Servania (caution) – 41’
SJ: Nathan (caution) – 48’
SJ: Judson (caution) – 59’
Weather: Sunny, 85
Referee: Guido Gonzales Jr.
Assistant Referees: Kevin Klinger, Diego Blas
Fourth official: Ramy Touchan
VAR: Younes Marrakchi