The FC Dallas Youth (FCDY) College Preparation Program (“CPP”) has been designed to assist the needs of our aspiring collegiate level soccer players, & to provide specifically developed guidance, information & resources that will enable each FCDY player to maximize opportunities to play college or professional soccer, and qualify for scholarships and financial aid. FCDY uses the web-based program “College Fit Finder” as student centered on-line tools. This program provides FCDY players and parents the necessary information to ensure student success. Each player will get a username and password to access the College Fit Finder website.
THE COLLEGE RECRUITING PROCESS
We will follow a step by step process with FC Dallas Youth players and give them valuable information in the college process. Seminars are held with each grade level to help each student athlete take a proactive role and create an action plan. Additionally, individual family meetings can be set up to ensure that the individual needs are being met and to assist in the process of finding the correct college/university, both academically and athletically.
In June and December of each year, FC Dallas will host a college combine for boys and girls. Through training sessions, condition matches, and a college panel discussion, college coaches will provide players with insight to the demands of the college game and recruiting process.
- August – College Seminar for FC Dallas Coaches to go over NCAA recruiting rules, the role of the coach in the recruiting process.
- September/October - Group meetings with each academic year to go over the action plan.
- November through April –family meetings to assist in the college process
- December - Winter College Combine (boys and girls)
- College Signing Night – Early February
- Early March - Scott Dymond College Showcase
- May – FC Dallas Senior Recognition Night
- Early June- Boys and Girls Summer College Combine
Information on the topics below will be provided to our players at the Fall College Seminar Series.
- Factors to consider in Selecting a College
- College Ability Worksheet
- NCAA Eligibility Standards
- NCAA Recruiting Guide Contacting College Coaches
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Year Action Plans
- SAT and ACT Testing Dates and Registration
- NCAA Division One Sliding Scale GPA/ACT/SAT
- NCAA Eligibility Center Registration Checklist
- NCAA Rules – The use of agents
- College Help Website’s
- FAQ as you consider College
- FAQ with the NCAA Eligibility Center
For more information please contact FC Dallas Youth College Director, Scott James, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-365-0206.