FC DALLAS vs. D.C. UNITED
MLS Regular Season, Week 18
July 4 - 8:00PM
Toyota Stadium - Frisco, Texas
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 7-7-5 (26 pts., 4th in West)
- D.C. record: 8-4-7 (31 pts., 2nd in East)
- FCD vs. D.C. all-time: 21-15-8 (77 GF, 78 GA)
- FCD vs. D.C. Home: 15-6-3 (45 GF, 30 GA)
- Over the past three weeks D.C. United has struggled to record any type of stretch. They have been struggling to get wins since May 12th recording only two wins in that time span. Most recently they tied against Toronto FC 1-1 with a late equalizer by Wayne Rooney. FC Dallas has had a similar stretch of games most recently losing to Portland 1-0 in their fourth match in just 11 days. Before the match against Portland FC Dallas has rotated losses, wins and ties heading in to this week’s match.
ROONEY FINDS HIS RHYTHM
- D.C. United’s Wayne Rooney has shown he’s just getting started this season when it comes to his stat sheet. Rooney has recorded 5 game winning goals, including one from over half the field away against Orlando last week. He has started all but two games this year and played the full 90 in all but four games this season.
- Former FC Dallas defender Marquinhos Pedroso will return to play at Toyota Stadium for the first time since joining D.C. United in April. Pedroso has seen minutes in four games since joining D.C. United and has had three shots recorded. Pedroso was with FC Dallas through the 2018 season and has experience with Luchi Gonzalez’s play style.
BATTLE OF THE BACKLINES
- Both teams will need strong performances from their backline and goalkeepers to see success in the match. FC Dallas has seen a trend over their past few games that whichever team can find the net first has the upper hand in winning the match. D.C. United has seen a similar trend across their matches in being able to get ties but if they don’t find the net first a win is less likely.
- Both FC Dallas and D.C. United haven't seen a consecutive win streak in a few weeks. Both teams have been rotating between ties, losses, and wins throughout their schedule. Both teams are looking to add three points and a win to their records as we pass the midpoint of the season.