FC DALLAS vs. COLORADO RAPIDS
2021 MLS Regular Season
May 29 - 8:00PM
Dick's Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, Colorado
TXA 21 & FCDTV | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1 FM
- FCD record: 1-2-3 (6 pts., 13th in West)
- COL record: 3-2-1 (10 pts., 5th in West)
- FCD vs. COL all-time: 34-24-18 (117 GF, 93 GA)
- FCD vs. COL away: 9-16-11 (46 GF, 52 GA)
RYAN GOING FORWARD
- Defender Ryan Hollingshead scored his first goal of the season in Dallas' 2-2 draw with Real Salt Lake last week. Since Luchi became head coach in 2019, the 30-year-old has proven to be a vital attacking outlet and contributed 11 goals and five assists mainly from his preferred left back spot. Attacking fullbacks are hallmarks of Luchi's playstyle so Hollingshead getting back to his goal-scoring ways is a positive sign for FCD going forward.
"I pride myself on being able to contribute at least a handful of goals every season as a defender. I want to push that this year and as many as I can. Double digits is the goal." –Ryan Hollingshead
- Forward Franco Jara also got off the mark with his first goal of the campaign in FCD's last outing, converting a penalty in the 43rd minute. Last season, the Argentine scored a majority of his seven goals in bunches so last week's penalty will hopefully be the first of many as FCD looks to climb the Western Conference standings.
"You know how it work with #9s, they just need that first goal and things start to open up. I am very confident that he (Jara) is going to start to find the back of the net more often and continue to show that energy, movement and hunger." –Luchi Gonzalez
- Saturday's game against Colorado Rapids is the first rematch of FCD's 2021 season. Colorado visited Toyota Stadium last month in Dallas' home opener, with the teams playing to a scoreless draw. Aside from the scoreline, game played very evenly with both sides registering 11 shots (five on target for FCD, six for Colorado). Dallas saw more of the ball, owning 55% of the possession but wasn't able to turn it into a goal.
"They've got a good squad with a lot of good players. They play really good team football, they move the ball well and know what they have to offer and play to each other's strengths. We're doing video on them so having that video from the first game of the season is helpful." –Ryan Hollingshead