Quignón will join the club on a two-and-a-half-year contract
FRISCO, Texas (June 14,2021)
– FC Dallas has signed defensive midfielder Facundo Quignon from Lanús to a two-and-a-half-year contract. Facundo will occupy an international slot and will be added to the roster pending receipt of his P-1 Visa and International Transfer Certificate (ITC). Per team policy, additional terms of the deal will not be disclosed.
Quignon, 28, joins FC Dallas after spending eight seasons in Argentina’s Primera División between San Lorenzo de Almagro, Newell’s Old Boys and Lanús. He scored three goals and recorded five assists in 136 appearances throughout his career in Argentina. He won the Copa Libertadores in 2014 and Super Copa Argentina during the 2015-2016 season with San Lorenzo.
The defensive midfielder started his soccer career in River Plate and San Lorenzo’s academies. He was part of the team that won the U-20 Copa Libertadores in 2012 with River Plate.
Quignón has been called up to represent Argentina’s U-17 National Team in the U-17 FIFA World Cup in 2009.
Full Name: Facundo Quignon
* Connect with Facundo:Instagram
Pronunciation: fah-koon-doh key-knee-oh-n
Position:* Defensive Midfielder
* Date of Birth:* May 2, 1993 (28)
* Birthplace: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hometown:* Buenos Aires, Argentina
* Height: 5-10
Weight:* 161 lbs
* Citizenship:* Argentina
* Transaction*: FC Dallas signs Argentine midfielder Facundo Quignón to a two-and-a-half-year contract.