- North Texas SC forward Bernard Kamungo scored his fourth goal of the season.
- North Texas SC forward Hope Avayevu recorded his fifth MLS NEXT Pro assist.
- Forward Pablo Torre scored his first professional goal for North Texas SC
Lawrance, KS (May 1, 2022) - North Texas SC defeated Sporting Kansas City II thanks to goals from Bernard Kamungo and Pablo Torre at Rock Chalk Park Sunday night.
- 8’ – SAVE (NTX) – Felipe Carneiro saved SKCII midfielder Collin Fernandez’s penalty after Tijani Fatah drew a foul inside the box.
- 17’ – GOAL (NTX) – Bernard Kamungo connected with a through ball from Hope Avayevu and slotted a left-footed shot past John Pulskamp to give North Texas SC an early lead.
- 22’ – CHANCE (NTX) – Kamungo attempted to score his second goal of the night after receiving a pass from José Mulato Palacios but Pulskamp denied him with a save.
- 44’ – EJECTION (SKC) – Sporting’s Jake Davis was shown a red card for a late sliding challenge on North Texas captain Derek Waldeck.
- 47’ – SHOT (NTX) – Kamungo nearly scored his second of the game but his left-footed shot from outside the box curled just wide of the far post.
- 76’ – GOAL (NTX) – Not long after subbing on, Pablo Torre headed in a cross from close range to double North Texas’ lead.
- 63’ – SHOT (SKC) – Felipe Carneiro preserved his shutout with a point blank save to deny Tijani Fatah.
- 85’ – SHOT (NTX) – Substitute Luis Miguel found the back of the net after connecting with Blaine Ferri’s pass but was whistled for offside.
North Texas SC — Felipe Carneiro; Collin Smith, Paul Amedume, Lucas Bartlett, Isaiah Parker; Derek Waldeck, Santiago Ferreira (Blaine Ferri – 71’), André Costa; Bernard Kamungo (Tomás Lacerda– 79’), José Mulato Palacios (Luis Miguel – 62’), Hope Avayevu (Pablo Torre – 72’).
Substitutes not used — Seth Wilson, Will Baker, Chase Niece
Sporting Kansas City II —John Pulskamp; Spencer Glass, Jahon Rad, Esai Easley, Michael Lenis; Felipe Hernández (Curtez Kellman – 79’), Jake Davis; Julian Vazquez (Bakary Bagayoko – 79’), Collin Fernandez (Cade Thomson – 79’), Tijani Fatah; Guy Michaeli (Paul Agyei – 75’).
Substitutes not used — Ethan Bandré, Cole McLagan, Kaveh Rad, Matthew Fisher, Mataeo Bunbury
NTX: Bernard Kamungo (Hope Avayevu) – 17’
NTX: Pablo Torre (Luis Miguel) – 76’
NTX: Hope Avayevu (yellow card) – 25’
NTX: Paul Amedume (yellow card) – 39’
SKC: Jake Davis (ejection) – 44’
SKC: Felipe Hernández (yellow card) – 45’
NTX: Bernard Kamungo (yellow card) – 58’
NTX: Lucas Bartlett (yellow card) – 66’
SKC: Guy Michaeli (yellow card) – 66’
NTX: Pablo Torre (yellow card) – 90’
Weather: Clear, 69℉
Referee: Nabil Bensalah
Assistant Referees: Shane Kennard, AJ Franklin
4th Official: Drew Klemp