Frisco, TX (January 11, 2021) – FC Dallas is now accepting applications for the Homegrown Partner Program for the 2021 MLS season. The Homegrown Partner Program provides five certified Black and minority-owned businesses with a $100,000 FC Dallas/North Texas SC customized sponsorship package. In total, FC Dallas will commit $500,000 in sponsorship packages to its Homegrown Partners in 2021.
Qualified local businesses interested in becoming a 2021 Homegrown Partner can begin the application process at FCDallas.com/HomegrownPartnerProgram. All applications must be submitted and completed by February 12, 2021 for consideration.
To qualify for the Homegrown Partner Program, each business must:
- Affirm in writing that 51% or more of the ownership interest in the company is one of the following:
- Black Americans
- Hispanic Americans (persons with origins from Spanish or Portuguese speaking countries).
- Native Americans (American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, or Native Hawaiians).
- Asian Pacific Americans (persons with origins from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S.Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru).
- Subcontinent Asian Americans (persons with origins from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands or Nepal).
- Be a for-profit company (non-profit entities should consider our grant program)
- Have its main office or place of business located within a 75-mile radius of Toyota Stadium which is located at 9200 World Cup Way in Frisco, Texas
“The Homegrown Partner Program was born out of the need to serve our community and create equitable opportunities for local business owners who are driving positive social and economic impact,” said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. “The goal of this program is to partner with Black and minority-owned businesses throughout Dallas/Fort Worth to help them thrive this season and beyond.”
FC Dallas announced the Homegrown Partner Program with the launch of the Connect | Create | Unite platform in June 2020. The goal of the Connect | Create | Unite platform is to connect people, create opportunities and unite communities through education, dialog and equitable access. The platform also includes the Candid Conversations Series as well as ongoing diversity and inclusion training throughout the FC Dallas organization.