FC DALLAS vs. SEATTLE SOUNDERS
MLS Cup Playoffs: Western Conference Semifinals
December 1 - 8:30PM CT
Lumen Field – Seattle, Washington
FOX Sports 1 | FOX Sports Go | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 9-6-7 (34 pts., 6th Seed in West)
- SEA record: 11-5-6 (39 pts., 2nd Seed in West)
- FCD vs. all-time: 7-12-7 (28 GF, 42 GA)
- FCD vs. SEA all-time postseason: 2-3-2 (9 GF, 12 GA)
- FCD vs. SEA away: 1-9-2 (8 GF, 29 GA)
- FCD vs. SEA away postseason: 0-2-1 (4 GF, 9 GA)
- FC Dallas had a strong playoff push (earning 10 of a possible 15 points) to end the regular season before defeating the Portland Timbers 8-7 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the first round of the playoffs. Dallas will face second-seed and defending champions Seattle Sounders who registered a 3-1 victory over Los Angeles FC in their first-round matchup on Tuesday, Nov. 4.
- For the second season in a row, FC Dallas will travel to face the Seattle Sounders in the MLS Cup Playoffs at Lumen Field (formerly CenturyLink Field). Last year, Dallas and Seattle met in the first round and treated onlookers to one of the most exciting matches of the 2019 postseason. Although FCD came back from 2-0 down to force extra time, the Sounders proved to be too much, eventually winning 4-3 and going on to win the club's second MLS Cup. Still, Dallas' spirited performance was an excited glimpse of the young squad's potential. Now, with a conference semifinal on the cards, Dallas has a chance to avenge last year's narrow defeat.
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer had an outstanding performance in FCD's nail-biting win over the Portland Timbers in the previous round. In addition to making the game-winning penalty stop, the 32-year-old made seven saves over the 120 minutes which tied him for third-most saves in franchise history during a playoff game. The performance capped off a career-year for Maurer which saw him finish the regular season ranked in Goals Against Average (GAA) and save percentage among starting goalkeepers. Next, Maurer will be tasked with keeping the likes of Raúl Ruidíaz, Jordan Morris and the rest of Seattle's forward line off the scoreboard.
- So far, FC Dallas has capitalized on its underdog mentality in the postseason. Dallas entered as the sixth seed in the West and, with a first-round matchup away to the Portland Timbers, was given little chance to progress. However, with a lot of heart and a little luck FCD was able to flip the script and squeeze past Portland despite the odds. Now, with a rematch against the defending champs, Dallas' task is even greater still. But if Luchi Gonzalez and co. can harness their underdog mentality and weather the storm once again, they could rival Nashville SC for the cinderella story of the 2020 MLS Cup playoffs.