- FC Dallas is the first team to score eight consecutive penalties in a shootout in MLS Cup Playoff history.
- Ricardo Pepi becomes the youngest player in FC Dallas postseason history (third youngest in MLS Cup playoffs history) to score a postseason goal at 17 years, 318 days old. He was also the youngest to make his MLS postseason debut for the club.
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer registered seven saves, tying him for third-most saves in franchise history by an individual Dallas Burn/FC Dallas goalkeeper in a playoff game (Mark Dodd holds the record with 12 on 9/26/96).
- Bryan Reynolds became the youngest to complete a postseason match for FC Dallas at 19 years, 147 days old.
- FC Dallas earns its second win at Providence Park across all competitions and first win since the 3-1 win on April 13, 2016.
- FC Dallas wins its first MLS playoff match since a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Sounders on November 6, 2016.
Portland, OR (Nov. 22, 2020) – FC Dallas advances to the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals after Ricardo Pepi scores the game-tying goal in the 90th minute and Jimmy Maurer saves Jorge Villafaña’s penalty kick in the PK shootout.
FC Dallas will play the winner of (2) Seattle vs (7) LAFC which is scheduled for Tuesday, November 24 at 9:30PM CT.
- 6’ – Jimmy Maurer made an early save after Yimmy Chará headed in a cross from Jorge Villafaña.
- 11’ – Jimmy Maurer was able to make his second save of the night after he made a dive to save a right-footed shot from Andy Polo at the top of the box.
- 30’ – Franco Jara beat Steve Clark in Portland’s goal after receiving a through-ball from Ryan Hollingshead but the goal was disallowed for offside by VAR.
- 45’ – Jimmy Maurer collected a dangerous cross at the second attempt with two Portland players bearing down on him.
- 49’ – Bressan attempted a long-range shot from well outside Portland’s box but Clark saved it comfortably.
- 54’ – Maurer made a one-handed save to tip Christian Paredes’ first-time volley over the bar.
- 64’ – Maurer made another save to deny Paredes, this time diving to his left to parry it out.
- 72’ – Maurer made his third save in quick succession to deny Felipe Mora’s close-range shot.
- 77’ – Bryan Reynolds whipped in a cross from the right flank but it was just out of reach for Ryan Hollingshead.
- 83’ – Jorge Villafaña opened the scoring for Portland from close-range after receiving a pass from Diego Valeri.
- 90’+3’ – Substitute Ricardo Pepi equalized for FC Dallas with a close-range finish to force extra time.
- 105’ – Hollingshead attempted a curling shot from outside the box but his effort went wide.
- 106’ – Franco Jara connected with Michael Barrios’ cross but his header was caught by Clark.
Reto Ziegler – scored
Franco Jara – scored
Bressan – scored
Ricardo Pepi – scored
Ryan Hollingshead – scored
Matt Hedges – scored
Tanner Tessmann – scored
Ema Twumasi – scored
Diego Valeri – scored
Marco Farfan – scored
Dario Zuparic – scored
Jeremy Ebobisse – scored
Blake Bodily – scored
Diego Chará – scored
Marvin Loria – scored
Jorge Villafaña – saved
FC Dallas — Jimmy Maurer; Johnny Nelson, Bressan (Ricardo Pepi – 85’) , Matt Hedges, Bryan Reynolds; Thiago Santos (Michael Barrios – 86’), Andrés Ricaurte (Ema Twumasi – 80’), Jesús Ferreira (Tanner Tessmann – 61’); Ryan Hollingshead, Franco Jara, Fafa Picault (Reto Ziegler – 110’)
Substitutes not used — PPhelipe, Bryan Acosta, Santiago Mosquera, Brandon Servania.
Portland Timbers — Steve Clark; Jorge Villafaña, Dario Zuparic, Larrys Mabiala, Pablo Bonilla (Marco Farfan – 94’); Diego Chará, Yimmi Chará (Marvin Loria – 95’); Eryk Williamson (Christian Paredes – 45’), Diego Valeri, Andy Polo (Blake Bodily – 105’); Felipe Mora (Jeremy Ebobisse – 88’).
Substitutes not used — Aljaz Ivacic, Bill Tuiloma, Chris Duvall, Andres Flores.
POR: Jorge Villafaña (Diego Valeri, Christian Paredes) – 82’
FCD: Ricardo Pepi – 90’+3’
FCD: Fafa Picault (caution) – 36’
FCD: Andrés Ricaurte (caution) – 75’
FCD: Ema Twumasi (caution) – 120’+1’
Weather: Rain, 41
Referee: Armando Villarreal
Assistant Referees: Cameron Blanchard, Matthew Nelson
4th Official: Victor Rivas
VAR Official: Timothy Ford