North Texas won five of its last six games to close out its 2020 season
- North Texas SC took 16 of a possible 18 points in October to finish third in the 2020 USL League One season
- North Texas earned four wins and four draws in its first season at Globe Life Park, becoming the only team in League One to remain undefeated at home over the 2020 campaign.
Arlington, Texas (Oct. 24, 2020) - North Texas SC defeated South Georgia Tormenta FC 2-1 thanks to goals from Nicky Hernandez and Eddie Munjoma at Globe Life Park in its final match of the season.
- 5’ – Thomas Roberts left-footed strike near the edge of the box goes wide left of the Tormenta goal.
- 39’ – Nicky Hernandez attempted a strike inside the box and Tormenta’s Pablo Jara is able to punch it out for a corner kick.
- 45’ + 3’ – Tormenta scored the first goal of the match through Nil Vinyals whose free kick has enough power to get over the wall and past Carlos Avilez dive.
- 47’ – Eddie Munjoma sets up Nicky Hernandez in the box, whose low driven shot had enough power to get past Tormenta’s Pablo Jara to tie the match up.
- 52’ – Eddie Munjoma was put through on goal but sent it wide of the Tormenta goal.
- 60’ – Arturo Rodriguez header hits the side netting of Tormenta's goal, following a cross from Thomas Roberts.
- 90’ + 6’ – Nkosi Burgess sets up Eddie Munjoma in the box who slots it to the right of Tormentas’ goalkeeper to give North Texas SC the lead.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez, Derek Waldeck (Gibran Rayo – 68’), Nkosi Burgess, Kevin Bonilla, Justin Che (Alisson Dos Santos – 77’), Edwin Cerrillo, Nicky Hernandez, Thomas Roberts (Imanol Almaguer – 89’); Arturo Rodriguez, Alex Bruce (Collin Smith – 77’), Eddie Munjoma.
Substitutes not used — Luis Zamudio, David Rodriguez, Beni Redzic.
Tormenta FC — Pablo Jara; Stefan Muells, Jordan Skelton, Curtis Thorn, Lars Eckenrode, Nil Vinyals (Tristan De Loach – 66’); Abuchi Obinwa, Ricardo Gomez (Rhys Williams – 66’), Luca Mayr-Fälten (Lucas Coutinho – 77’), Joshua Phelps (Marco Micaletto – 51’), Jad Arslan (Devyn Jambga – 77’)
Substitutes not used — Paul Lewis, Daniel Jackson.
TRM: Nil Vinyals — 45’ + 3’
NTX: Nicky Hernandez (Eddie Munjoma) — 47’
NTX: Eddie Munjoma (Nkosi Burgess) — 90+6’
TRM: Marco Micaletto (Caution) — 90’
NTX: Nkosi Burgess (Caution) — 90’ + 6’
NTX: Eddie Munjoma (Caution) — 90’ + 8’
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 51℉
Referee: Matthew Corrigan
Assistant Referees: Tiffani Turpin, Jennifer Garner
4th Official: Hector Hernandez