Nashville, TN (Oct. 20, 2020) – FC Dallas (6-5-6) is unable to break Nashville SC’s home streak in 3-0 loss at Nissan Stadium.
- 3’ – Nashville’s Abu Danladi attempted a right-footed strike in the center of the box and it was deflected out by Jimmy Maurer for a corner kick.
- 14’ – Andrés Ricaurte left-footed shot from the center of the box goes over the bar of Nashville’s goal for a goal kick.
- 19’ – Randall Leal scores the first goal of the match for Nashville SC, a right-footed strike from outside of the box takes a deflection off Reto Ziegler and gets past Jimmy Maurer.
- 45’ – Fafa Picault’s cross is met by Ryan Hollingshead inside the box whose shot was saved by Joe Willis.
- 46’ – Jesús Ferreira sets up Bryan Acosta for a right-footed volley at the near post of Joe Willis who is able to save the shot.
- 55’ – Bryan Acosta’s header goes a few inches wide left of Joe Willis' goal following a cross from Ryan Hollingshead.
- 67’ – Fafa Picault connects with Jesús Ferreira at the back post and his volley attempt hits the side netting of Nashville’s goal.
- 73’ – Jhonder Cadiz scores the second goal of the night for Nashville SC after his right-footed shot from outside of the box is deflected by Bressan along the way and into the back of Jimmy Maurer’s net.
- 88’ – Daniel Rios right-footed shot inside of the box has enough power to beat Jimmy Maurer to give Nashville their third goal of the night.
FC Dallas — Jimmy Maurer; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Bressan, Bryan Reynolds; Tanner Tessmann (Brandon Servania – 66’), Andrés Ricaurte, Bryan Acosta (Dante Sealy – 75’); Fafa Picault, Franco Jara (Ricardo Pepi – 66’), Jesús Ferreira (Ema Twumasi – 83’).
Substitutes not used — Phelipe, Johnny Nelson, Callum Montgomery, Thiago Santos, Thomas Roberts.
Nashville SC — Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Walker Zimmerman, Alistair Johnston; Alex Muyl (Taylor Washington – 75’), Anibal Godoy (Brian Anunga – 57’), Dax McCarty (Matt LaGrassa – 75’), Randall Leal; Derrick Jones (Daniel Rios – 75’), Abu Danladi (Jhonder Cadiz – 62’).
Substitutes not used — Elliot Panicco, Jalil Anibaba, Eric Miller, Jack Maher.
NSH: Randall Leal (Derrick Jones) – 19’
NSH: Jhonder Cadiz (Daniel Lovitz) – 73’
NSH: Daniel Rios (Randall Leal) – 88’
NSH: Anibal Godoy (caution) – 54’
FCD: Jesús Ferreira (caution) – 64’
FCD: Bressan (caution) – 70’
Weather: Clear, 73
Referee: Silviu Petrescu
Assistant Referees: Kathryn Nesbitt, Walter Heatherly
4th Official: David Gantar
VAR Official: Drew Fischer
FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez
On Nashville’s high press working all match
“I disagree with that, for the first ten minutes maybe but for the 80 minutes that was not the case. Their goals came from the transition of winning the ball in the midfield, not in pressing high. We can have all the possession we want, match their shots and have more crosses in. Only thing is their shots go on target and ours don’t. Their shots are dangerous and ours aren’t. We need to work on defending that better and attacking that better.”
On what could have changed the game…
“We are getting the ball into the attacking third, but we are not rewarding ourselves. If Fafa’s [Picault] header goes on target or even Bryan Acosta’s header goes on target, it changes the game. Franco Jara gets a moment with the keeper and the shot gets blocked. Those are little things we need to keep creating an urgency and more aggressiveness to put the ball on the net quicker. We are here in Nashville and they score from open transition goals, two of the three goals came from deflections. Things went their way and soccer is not a beauty pageant. You can look good but don’t necessarily get the results. We have to match those things if not we won't reach our potential. Whether we were missing Barrios or not, the players I put in the lineup today I trust them. No matter their age or experience I trust them. We got to keep working.”
FC Dallas Midfielder Andrés Ricaurte
On the difficulty of playing Nashville…
“It was a complicated game. It was hard to figure them out. We didn't have a good game and they won the game fairly.”
FC Dallas Defender Bressan
General thoughts on the match…
“It was tough. Especially the result, we had a really good game against Kansas City last time and today we came out with the objective of winning the game. We tried and we couldn’t get the result. We need to learn from that and move on forward. Now we must think about Real Salt Lake and try to get three points because it is important for us.”