FC DALLAS vs. SPORTING KANSAS CITY
MLS Regular Season
October 14 - 7:30PM
Toyota Stadium – Frisco, TX
FOX Sports Southwest | FCDTV Network | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 5-4-6 (21 pts., 6th in West)
- SKC record: 9-5-2 (29 pts., 3rd in West)
- FCD vs. SKC all-time: 26-25-13 (104 GF, 94 GA)
- FCD vs. SKC home: 15-10-5 (60 GF, 34 GA)
- FC Dallas went on a three-game win streak last month but now finds itself in the midst of a four-game winless run that includes two ties and two defeats. Dallas had a chance to bounce back this Sunday but its game against Minnesota United was postponed after MNUFC confirmed two positive COVID-19 cases from two first team players on Saturday. Now FCD will look to return to its best form against third-place Sporting Kansas City. SKC hit a rough patch in September, recording one win over seven games. However, Peter Vermes' team has since bounced back and notched three wins in a row to vault them near the top of the Western Conference.
- Wednesday night promises to be a spicy matchup as FCD takes on SKC for the third time this season. So far, Dallas has earned one tie and one win against Sporting--both away at Children's Mercy Park. In the most recent meeting on Sept. 19, Dallas earned a contentious victory that saw Peter Vermes accuse Dallas of time wasting antics in their late 3-2 win over his team. With that fresh in the mind and both teams vying for playoff spots in the West, we could be in for a heated affair at Toyota Stadium this Wednesday.
NEXT MAN UP IN DEFENSE
- Defender Matt Hedges will be unavailable for Dallas this Wednesday after sustaining a muscle injury in his last outing against the Houston Dynamo. The three-time MLS All-Star is obviously an important piece of Dallas' defense that has conceded the fewest goals in the Western Conference (tied with Seattle Sounders on 17). Hedges' direct replacement is Bressan, a versatile defender who's seen plenty of action this year already with 11 appearances and four starts. The 27-year-old Brazilian and the rest of FCD's backline will be up against an SKC attack that has yet to be shutout in a game in 2020.
- Dallas' weekend meeting with Minnesota United was postponed meaning FCD will have a full week of rest before taking on Sporting KC on Wednesday. With the condensed regular season schedule, it will be just the third time since the restart that FCD will have a full seven days between games. Considering SKC played Nashville SC on Sunday, Dallas could have a slight advantage with the extra days of recuperation over its opponent.