FC DALLAS vs. ATLANTA UNITED
MLS Regular Season
September 23 - 6:00PM
Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Atlanta, GA
FOX Sports Southwest Plus | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 5-2-4 (19 pts., 3rd in West)
- ATL record: 3-7-2 (11 pts., 12th in East)
- FCD vs. ATL all-time: 2-1-0 (5 GF, 6 GA)
- FCD vs. ATL away: 1-1-0 (2 GF, 4 GA)
- FC Dallas earned its third win in a row Saturday with a hard-fought 3-2 victory over then first-place Sporting KC at Children's Mercy Park. The three points moved Dallas into third place in the West, just two behind current leaders and defending champs Seattle Sounders. On the other side, Atlanta United has had a tough 2020 campaign and sits third from bottom in the East. Last time out, Atlanta fell 2-1 at home to Inter Miami CF, with former FCD player Brek Shea scoring the game-winning goal for the Florida expansion side.
STREAKS ON THE LINE
- As we said earlier, FC Dallas is currently on a three-game win streak which is the club's longest winning run since Oscar Pareja's FCD won four straight between May 25 and June 9, 2018. Luchi could hit four in a row for the first time as an MLS coach if Dallas takes all three points Wednesday night. On the other hand, Atlanta United is currently on a three-game losing streak; a run which includes two losses to Inter Miami and one to the other 2020 expansion team Nashville SC.
JARA CONTINUES TO SHINE
- To go along with FCD's three-game win streak, forward Franco Jara has also scored in three-straight matches. He scored his first brace for the club against SKC on Saturday, making it five goals in his last five games for the former Argentine international. He's the first FCD player to score in three straight since Kobra in August of 2019, and his five goals during September is the most of any player in MLS (@OptaJack).
HOLLINGSHEAD BACK IN THE GOALS
- Defender Ryan Hollingshead opened his 2020 account with the game-winning goal to take down SKC over the weekend. Last year, Hollingshead finished as the highest scoring defender in the league with six goals (and three assists). Now that the versatile defender has a goal under his belt, going forward it could mean we see more of his 2019 goal-scoring heroics.