FC DALLAS vs. SPORTING KANSAS CITY
MLS Regular Season
September 19 - 2:30PM
Children's Mercy Park – Kansas City, KS
Univision/TUDN | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 4-2-4 (16 pts., 4th in West)
- SKC record: 6-3-2 (20 pts., 1st in West)
- FCD vs. SKC all-time: 25-25-13 (101 GF, 92 GA)
- FCD vs. SKC away: 10-15-8 (41 GF, 58 GA)
- FC Dallas has recorded back-to-back wins for the first time this year and has only tasted defeat once in its last five games. With Franco Jara, Andrés Ricaurte and most recently Santiago Mosquera all heating up, Dallas has found its best form of this still young season. But it faces a tough test away to the top team in the West in Sporting Kansas City. Dallas and SKC played to a 1-1 tie at Children's Mercy Park just over two weeks ago, and Sporting has registered one win and one loss since. The stage is set for a competitive matchup between two hot teams this Saturday afternoon.
SANTI SHOWS OUT
- Midfielder Santi Mosquera had his best night in an FC Dallas uniform Wednesday against the Colorado Rapids. The Colombian opened the scoring with a clever bottom-corner finish in the first half and followed it up with two cool strikes after the break to seal the first hat trick of his career. If he can keep it up, Dallas is well placed to give SKC a run for their money at home on Saturday.
JARA HEATS UP
- Franco Jara joined FC Dallas this summer with a reputation of scoring goals; and lots of them. While his FCD career started off a tad slowly, the Argentine ace has found his footing and has three goals in the last four games--the first of which came against Sporting earlier this month. He'll be looking for a repeat performance at Children's Mercy Park on the weekend.
- Dallas and Kansas City enter Saturday's matchup with an even 25-25-13 all-time series. Barring another tie at Children's Mercy Park, one club will inch themselves ahead in the overall series record. The game is also a matchup of two of the West's hottest teams: A win for Dallas could propel them into second place, one behind Sporting Kansas at the top of the table. Still, Kansas City could extend their lead to five points atop the Western Conference pending Seattle Sounders' result against LAFC on Friday night.