FC DALLAS vs. COLORADO RAPIDS
MLS Regular Season
September 16- 7:30PM
Toyota Stadium – Frisco, TX
FOX Sports Southwest Plus | FCDTV Network | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 3-2-4 (13 pts., 9th in West)
- COL record: 3-3-4 (13 pts., 10th in West)
- FCD vs. COL all-time: 33-24-17 (113 GF, 92 GA)
- FCD vs. COL home: 24-8-6 (67 GF, 40 GA)
- Dallas enters Wednesday's game on the back of a crucial win in the Texas Derby over the Houston Dynamo. It was FCD's second victory in its last four which lifted them into ninth place, just one spot below the playoff line. On the other side, Colorado snapped a 7-game winless run with a resounding 5-0 thumping of Real Salt Lake away at Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday.
RICAURTE ANNOUNCES HIMSELF
- Midfielder Andrés Ricaurte highlighted his first FC Dallas start with an absolutely stunning first-time volley from outside the box against Houston. Now with one MLS sub appearance and one start to his name, Ricaurte has registered one goal and an assist in just 125 minutes of game time. While it's still early, the addition of the 28-year-old Colombian looks like a potential season-changing acquisition for FC Dallas.
JARA FINDING FORM
- Forward Franco Jara has begun to find his form since joining Dallas from Pachuca earlier in the summer. The Argentine ace opened his account with a delicate chip against Sporting KC on the 2nd of September, and added his second goal to secure all three points in the Texas Derby on Saturday. If Jara can keep it up, Dallas has a great chance of making it two wins in a row at Toyota Stadium this Wednesday.
- One of FC Dallas' favorite sons will return to Toyota Stadium when Colorado visits Wednesday evening. Kellyn Acosta played five-and-a-half seasons for FCD after progressing through the Academy before joining the Rapids midway through 2018. Acosta played 77 minutes in Colorado's 5-0 victory over RSL over the weekend and will likely start again on what will be his second Toyota Stadium homecoming since departing two years ago.