FC DALLAS vs. COLORADO RAPIDS
MLS Regular Season
August 26- 7:30PM
Toyota Stadium – Frisco, TX
TXA21 | FCDTV Network | FCDallas.com/Radio | KFZO-FM 99.1
- FCD record: 1-1-3 (6 pts., 10th in West)
- COL record: 2-3-1 (7 pts., 8th in West)
- FCD vs. COL all-time: 33-24-17 (113 GF, 92 GA)
- FCD vs. COL home: 24-8-6 (67 GF, 40 GA)
- Neither team is entering Wednesday night's matchup in top form. While Dallas' defense has enjoyed a strong restart with two shutouts over three games, the team hasn't found the net in that span either. On the other side, Colorado was victorious in the first two games of the season back in March, they went winless in the MLS is Back tournament and fell 4-1 to Real Salt Lake on Saturday. This midweek match is a chance for both teams to get back on track.
- Midfielder Paxton Pomykal sparkled in his substitute appearance against Houston when he entered the match with 20 minutes to go. While he only had 15 touches, Pomykal had a 81% passing accuracy, won two fouls, and added a creative influence to Dallas' midfield. Whether he's a starter or substitute on Wednesday, expect the 20-year-old Homegrown to pull the strings once again.
- Much like Pomykal, forward Fafa Picault was a second-half sub last Friday but added noticeable energy and dynamism to FCD's attack. While his final ball was a little lacking (64% passing accuracy), Picault made four tackles and his directness added a new element to the game. The veteran's tireless work on both sides of the ball could prove crucial in Wednesday's game, whether as a sub or a starter.
- One of FC Dallas' favorite sons will return to Toyota Stadium when Colorado visits Wednesday evening. Kellyn Acosta played five-and-a-half seasons for FCD after progressing through the Academy before joining the Rapids midway through 2018. Acosta played 90 minutes in Colorado's 4-1 loss to RSL over the weekend and will likely start again on what will be his second Toyota Stadium homecoming since departing two years ago.