FC DALLAS vs. NASHVILLE SC
MLS Regular Season
August 12- 7:30PM
Toyota Stadium –Frisco, TX
TXA21 | FCDTV Network | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 1-0-1(4 pts., 10th in West)
- NSH record: 0-2-0 (0 pts., 13th in East)
- FCD vs. NSH all-time: 0-0-0 (0 GF, 0 GA)
- FCD vs. NSH home: 0-0-0 (0 GF, 0 GA)
- Since neither team has played a competitive game since early March, there really is no 'current' form to speak of right now. Before the MLS season was postponed, however, FC Dallas began its campaign strongly with a 2-0 win over Philadelphia followed by a 2-2 comeback tie against Montreal. On the other hand, Nashville dropped both its games to begin the year after a 1-0 loss to Atlanta United in its home opener followed by a narrow 2-1 defeat against Portland at Providence Park. Former FCD defender Walker Zimmerman scored Nashville's lone goal to begin its debut MLS season.
FRANCO JARA DEBUT?
- New forward Franco Jara could make his FC Dallas and MLS debut Wednesday night after joining the club from Pachuca of Liga MX earlier this summer. The Argentine was prolific in his five years south of the border, scoring 66 goals in 139 league games. Jara will compete with FCD's current leading scorer Zdenek Ondrasek and 17-year-old Homegrown Ricardo Pepi to lead the line for Dallas going forward. While Ondrasek and Pepi have both found the net season already, Jara's pedigree and eye for goal could cause Nashville problems if the former Argentinian international takes the field Wednesday night.
- Three former FC Dallas players – Dominique Badji, Dax McCarty and Walker Zimmerman – will return to Toyota Stadium with Nashville Wednesday evening. McCarty and Zimmerman are both former Dallas draft picks who each spent five seasons in Frisco before moving to pastures new, eventually joining Nashville for its debut MLS season. Badji was traded to Nashville last December after scoring eight goals in his season-and-a-half with FCD.
LUCHI vs. SMITH
- This will be the first matchup between head coach Luchi Gonzalez and Nashville head coach Gary Smith. But it's not Smith's first outing against Dallas. Smith coached the Colorado Rapids from 2008-11 and led them to the 2010 MLS Cup where they infamously defeated FC Dallas 2-1 in Extra Time. Smith's all-time record against Dallas stands at 3-2-3.