FC Dallas fought for 120+ minutes in 4-3 loss to Seattle
SEATTLE, Wash. – FC Dallas fought for 120+ minutes before being eliminated in wild 4-3 loss to Seattle Sounders FC in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs.
- 19’ – Raúl Ruidíaz sent a curling shot from 25 yards out to the bottom corner after connecting with Cristian Roldan to give Seattle a 1-0 lead.
- 22’ – From the ensuing goal kick, Ruidíaz won a flick onto Joevin Jones, who played in Jordan Morris who sent his shot past Gonzalez.
- 27’ – Ondrasek beat Brad Smith to the ball and fed Michael Barrios whose cross was just beyond the reach of Reggie Cannon.
- 39’ – Barrios chipped a cross in and after some pinball the ball fell to the feet of Cannon who beat Román Torres and smashed it into the back of the net.
- 48’ – Nicolás Lodeiro found space on the left and his piledriver effort was pushed wide by Jesse Gonzalez.
- 64’ – Barrios' inswining corner was met by Matt Hedges whose powerful header left Stefan Frei with no chance.
- 75’ – Loidero’s corner was flicked on by Gustav Svensson to Morris who managed to hook the ball around Gonzalez to give Seattle a 3-2 lead.
- 78’ – Jesse Gonzalez laid out to save Victor Rodriguez’s effort before Ruidíaz’s effort from six yards was cleared off the line by Ryan Hollingshead.
- 83’ – Reto Ziegler took a quick corner and Bryan Acosta was wide open at the back post to head it over Frei and tie the game.
- 90’ – Paxton Pomykal slid in between Seattle’s defense and the ball flicked up in the air, but Pomykal fouled Frei in pursuit of the ball.
- 94’ – Santiago Mosquera found himself outside the box with time, and his curling shot was pushed wide by Frei.
- 96’ – Barrios froze the entire Seattle defense with a dummy and Brandon Servania’s drive from 20 yards was just within the reach of Frei’s dive.
- 107’ – Pomykal’s cut back found Servania whose deflected shot was tipped wide by Frei at full stretch.
- 110’ – Luis Silva’s first touch was a header from inside the box, which Jesse Gonzalez tipped it onto the post.
- 112’ – The ball ricocheted into the box after a Ruidíaz shot and Jordan Morris rose highest to give Seattle a 4-3 lead.
- 120’ – Mosquera’s cross after a corner bounced to Pomkyal, whose snapshot was saved by Frei.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Bressan (Paxton Pomykal – 77’); Brandon Servania (Edwin Cerrillo – 108’), Bryan Acosta, Jesús Ferreira (Santiago Mosquera – 78’); Michael Barrios, Zdenek Ondrasek (Jacori Hayes – 90’+5’), Reggie Cannon.
Seattle Sounders FC — Stefan Frei; Brad Smith (Victor Rodríguez — 67’), Kim Kee-Hee, Román Torres, Kelvin Leerdam (Luis Silva – 111’); Cristian Roldan, Gustav Svensson; Jordan Morris (Jordy Delem – 114’), Nicolás Lodeiro, Joevin Jones (Nouhou Tolo – 97’), Raúl Ruidíaz.
Substitutes not used — Bryan Meredith, Xavier Arreaga, Harry Shipp.
SEA: Raúl Ruidíaz (Cristian Roldan) – 18’
SEA: Jordan Morris (Joevin Jones, Raúl Ruidíaz) – 21’
FCD: Reggie Cannon – 39’
FCD: Matt Hedges (Michael Barrios) – 64’
SEA: Jordan Morris (Gustav Svensson, Nicolás Lodeiro) – 75’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (Reto Ziegler) – 82’
SEA: Jordan Morris (Raúl Ruidíaz) – 113’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (caution) – 25’
FCD: Reggie Cannon (caution) – 44’
FCD: Jesse Gonzalez (caution) – 88’
Weather: Cloudy, 47
Referee: Nima Saghafi
Assistant Referees: Ian B. Anderson, Jason White
4th Official: Baldomero Toledo
VAR Official: Edvin Jurisevic