Ricardo Pepi’s two-goal performance leads North Texas SC to 2-0 victory and USL League One Final
- Ricardo Pepi scored the first two goals in North Texas SC playoff history.
- North Texas will play Greenville Triumph SC in the first-ever USL League One Final on Saturday, October 19th at 6:00PM at Toyota Stadium.
Frisco, Texas (October 12, 2019) - North Texas SC' first-ever signing Ricardo Pepi scored the club's first playoff goals to seal a 2-0 victory to send them to the inaugural USL League One Final against Greenville Triumph.
- 2’ – Thomas Roberts cut through the Forward Madison defense but his shot was parried wide by Brian Sylvestre.
- 17’ – Brian Bemmett got free in the area but Jimmy Maurer stood up well and saved Bemmett’s shot from point blank range.
- 37’ – Callum Montgomery stole a run on his defender but his shot from the corner was hit straight at Sylvestre.
- 43’ – J.C. Banks’s shot from 30 yards went through a host of bodies but Maurer managed to claw the ball wide.
- 52’ – Jiro Tomoya played a one-two go get free in the box, but couldn’t get any power on the shot.
- 57’ – Arturo Rodriguez swiveled on the wing and managed to find space for a cross, but Ronaldo Damus couldn’t make solid contact and skewed his shot wide.
- 68’ – Rodriguez swung the corner in and Brecc Evans’s downward header was tipped over the bar.
- 74 ’– Ricardo Pepi chased down a long ball and fed Rodriguez who’s curling shot didn’t have enough bend to sneak inside the far post.
- 76 ’– John Nelson cut inside and his pass to Oscar Romero was laid off at the feet of Pepi, whose low drive from 20 yards found the corner to give North Texas a 1-0 lead.
- 78 ’– Romero’s cross from the right wing found Pepi’s whose looping header floated over Sylvestre to complete a quickfire brace.
North Texas SC —Jimmy Maurer; John Nelson, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Edwin Cerrillo, Thomas Roberts(Alfusainey Jatta — 82’), Imanoal Almaguer( Tanner Tessmann — 90+2’); Arturo Rodriguez, Ronaldo Damus(Oscar Romero — 74’), Ricardo Pepi.
Substitutes not used — Carlos Avilez, David Rodriguez, Kevin Bonilla, Dante Sealy.
Forward Madison FC — Brian Sylvestre; Christian Diaz, Connor Tobin, Wyatt Omsberg Carter Manley; Eric Leonard, Josiel Nunez, J.C. Banks; Paulo Jr. (Zaire Bartley— 90’), Brian Bement(Brandon Eaton— 83’), Jiro Tomoya(Don Smart — 77’) .
Substitutes not used — Louis Bennett, Ryan Coultier, Oliver White, Shaun Russell.
NTX: Ricardo Pepi (Nelson) — 76’
NTX: Ricardo Pepi (Romero) — 78’
MAD: Jiro Toyoma (Caution) — 8’
NTX: Thomas Roberts (Caution) — 32’
MAD: Eric Leonard (Caution) — 33’
NTX: Edwin Cerrillo (Caution) — 36’
NTX: Alfusainey Jatta (Caution) — 88’
Weather: Sunny, 63
Referee: Elijio Arreguin
Assistant Referees: Tom Felice, Matt Trotter
4th Official: Joshua Encarnacion