North Texas SC Returns to Toyota Stadium for the Playoff Semifinal on October 12
Tucson, Ariz. - Oscar Romero scored two goals to secure a 3-1 victory for North Texas SC in its final match of the regular season.
- 7’ – Carlos Avilez was closed down by Jordan Jones, and the clearance deflected off the striker but looped over the goal.
- 12’ – Arturo Rodriguez swung a ball into the box from the left wing, and after a few deflections the ball ended up at the feet Brecc Evans who flicked the ball off Jordan Jones and into the back of the net.
- 22’ –Dewyn Jambga corralled a cross field ball, cut inside and fired but the shot went wide of the near post.
- 38’ – Jonothan Gomez got free on the wing and his cross made its way to Oscar Romero after a mis-kick, and Romero buried the loose ball to give North Texas a two-goal lead.
- 42’ – A well worked corner allowed Kyle Venter to head back across the goal, and Jones was left unmarked at the opposite post to head it in.
- 57’ – Jones got free at the top of the box and flipped his header towards goal, but Avilez watched it land over the bar.
- 65’ – Rodriguez beat his man and cut the ball back from the byline and Romero finished into the roof off the net with aplomb.
- 76’ – Alfusainey Jatta flicked on a header that Thomas Roberts collected, and Roberts fired his shot toward Carlos Merancio who pushed the it out of the danger area.
- 90 +2’ – Zach Wright was played in behind the defense, but his curling shot hit the post and bounced wide.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez (Eduardo Cortes— 88’); Kevin Bonilla, Brecc Evans, Callum Montgomery, Jonathan Gomez; Thomas Roberts, Edwin Cerillo, Imanol Almaguer; Arturo Rodriguez, Oscar Romero (David Rodriguez— 79’), Dante Sealy (Alfusainey Jatta— 67’).
Substitutes not used —Hector Montalvo, Cesar Murillo.
FC Tucson— Carlos Merancio; Jose Carlos Terron, Kody Wakasa, Kyle Venter, Luke Hauswirth; Erik Virgen (Scott Devoss— 73’), Karsten Hanlin, Dewyn Jambga (Guillermo Delgado— 67’), Jamael Cox, Ilijah Paul (Zach Wright— 64’); Jordan Jones.
Substitutes not used — Rafael Guerrero, Colin Stripling, Eti Tavares, Raheem Sommersall.
NTSC: Jordan Jones (Own Goal)— 12’
NTSC: Oscar Romero— 38’
TUC: Jordan Jones (Venter)— 42’
NTSC: Oscar Romero— 66’
TUC: Jose Carlos Terron (caution)— 15’
TUC: Karsten Hanlin (caution)— 27’
NTSC: Carlos Avilez (caution)— 43’
TUC: Jamael Cox (caution)— 58’
NTSC: David Rodriguez(caution)— 89’
Weather: Sunny, 84
Referee: Dejan Susak
Assistant Referees: Bennett Savage, Nicholas Gastelum
4th Official: Marco Villa