FC Dallas returns home for its final regular season game on October 6
- Goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez made seven saves including a penalty stop against Kei Kamara
- FC Dallas will host Sporting Kansas City on Fan Appreciation Day, pres. by Papa John’s, in its final regular season match on Oct. 6 at 3 PM CT at Toyota Stadium. The Decision Day match will be broadcast on Texas 21, FCDTV Network, FCDallas.com/Radio and 1270AM en Español.
Commerce City, Colo. – FC Dallas falls 3-0 on the road to the Colorado Rapids in its penultimate game of the regular season.
- 2’ – FC Dallas won the ball right outside the Rapids’ 18-yard box but Michael Barrios’ low cross was collected by Tim Howard.
- 8’ – Ryan Hollingshead carried the ball from his left back spot into Colorado’s half but his shot went over the bar.
- 10’ – Midfielder Jack Price opened the scoring for the Rapids with a curling shot from the edge of Dallas’ box passed Jesse Gonzalez and into the far corner of the net.
- 19’ – Hollingshead’s cross deflected dangerously into Colorado’s box but Tim Howard was able to punch it clear.
- 27’ – Hollingshead put in another dangerous ball which was dipping under the crossbar but Howard was on hand to tip it over.
- 31’ – Zdenek Ondrasek found Jesus Ferreira inside the box but his goal-bound shot from close range was saved by Howard.
- 39’ – Jesse Gonzalez saved Kei Kamara’s penalty kick after Ryan Hollingshead was whistled for a handball in the box.
- 45’ + 4 – Diego Rubio doubled Colorado’s lead from a free kick after Paxton Pomykal was deemed to have committed a foul on the edge of Dallas’ box.
- 52’ – Barrios forced another save from Howard at close range after well-placed flick on header from Ondrasek.
- 58’ – Dominique Badji outpaced the defenders with the ball and attempted a shot from a tight angle but only found the side netting.
- 67’ – Substitute Santiago Mosquera cut in from the left and laid the ball off to Bryan Acosta on the edge of the box but his shot was too high.
- 72’ – Kei Kamara added Colorado’s third goal after playing a one-two with Nicolas Mezquida on the edge of Dallas’ box to break free.
- 80’ – Gonzalez made a smart close-range save after Kei Kamara found space in the box to get his shot off.
- 82’ – Gonzalez stepped up again for Dallas and made an improbable triple save to deny Colorado.
- 86’ – Mosquera forced Howard into action again after his shot from the edge of the box deflected and was looping under Howard’s crossbar.
FC Dallas — Jesse González; Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead; Paxton Pomykal, Bryan Acosta (Ricardo Pepi – 73’), Jesús Ferreira (Jacori Hayes – 59’); Michael Barrios, Dominique Badji, Zdenek Ondrasek (Santiago Mosquera – 59’).
Colorado Rapids — Tim Howard; Keegan Rosenberry, Lalas Abubakar, Tommy Smith, Sam Vines; Kellyn Acosta (Cole Bassett – 74’), Jack Price (Danny Wilson – 81’) , Andre Shinyashiki, Diego Rubio (Nicolas Mezquida– 70’), Sam Nicholson; Kei Kamara
Substitutes not used — Clint Irwin, Axel Sjoberg, Sebastian Anderson, Jonathan Lewis.
COL: Jack Price – 10’
COL: Diego Rubio – 45+4’
COL: Kei Kamara – 72’
Weather: Clear, 85
Referee: Chris Penso
Assistant Referees: Jeremy Hanson, Logan Brown
4th Official: Mark Allatin
VAR: David Gantar, Jonathan Johnson