FC DALLAS vs. COLORADO RAPIDS
MLS Regular Season, Week 30
September 29 - 5:00PM
Toyota Stadium –Frisco, TX
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1 FM
- FCD record: 12-11-9 (45 pts., 6th in West)
- COL record:11-15-6 (39 pts., 9TH in West)
- FCD vs. COL all-time: 33-23-17 (113 GF, 89 GA)
- FCD vs. COL Away: 9-15-6 (46 GF, 49 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off back to back draws against NYCFC and Seattle in a double match week. They have seen bursts of success and responding well both offensively and defensively over the course of the last month. Colorado is currently coming off a comeback win against Sporting Kansas City. They have only lost 1 of their last five matches, and will be looking to continue to move up in the standings as playoffs approach.
HANGING ON BY A THREAD
- Colorado is hanging on by a thread of playoff possibilities as they got a big win over Sporting Kansas City on Saturday. They also avoided elimination after FC Dallas drew along with Portland drawing against Minnesota. This means that they will be fighting to get a win that keeps them eligible to sneak in to playoffs in the last two games of the season. FC Dallas on the other side is barely above the playoff line and will look to hold their spot in 6th with a big win this weekend against Colorado.
KEI KAMARA LEADS THE WAY
- Colorado Rapids forward Kei Kamara will be a key player in the Colorado offense this weekend against FC Dallas. Kamara is the Rapids leading scorer this season with 12 goals throughout the 27 games he has appeared in. He has appeared in over 300 games throughout his MLS career and will need to be shut down in FC Dallas looks to get a shutout.
BUILDING THE MOMENTUM
- In the last match against NYCFC, FC Dallas seemed to find their momentum in the final 60 minutes of the game. Both players and coaches talked about continuing that momentum and building on it through the final two matches of the regular season. When FC Dallas comes out with good momentum early in the match they seem to have a higher likelihood of scoring and taking a lead early in the match. Getting on the board will be important as FC Dallas looks towards playoffs.
GETTING PAST LALAS ABUBAKAR
- FC Dallas will have to find a way to get past Rapids defender Lalas Abubakar if they hope to get on the board in Colorado this weekend. Lalas Abubakar has been a top defender since joining the Rapids on loan earlier this season. MLS writer Bobby Warshaw has listed him as a top defender across the league on multiple occasions and has pointed out that his no mistake tactic has been key in shutting down Colorado’s opponents. FC Dallas has been looking to offensively focus on chance creation and put a focus on finding the net offensively in the final push of the season, and this will be a challenge they need to address in order to leave Colorado with three points.