FC DALLAS vs. New York City FC
MLS Regular Season, Week 30
September 22 - 5:00PM
Toyota Stadium –Frisco, TX
Unimas | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1 FM
- FCD record: 12-11-8 (44 pts., 7th in West)
- NYCFC record:16-5-9 (57 pts., 1st in East)
- FCD vs. NYCFC all-time: 1-1-2 (6 GF, 7 GA)
- FCD vs. NYCFC Home: 1-0-1 (3 GF, 2 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off a midweek draw against the Seattle Sounders on the road. FC Dallas is looking for a big win this weekend against NYCFC in order to continue to have a possibility of playoffs. New York City FC is currently ranked number one in the Eastern conference with 16 wins. They most recently won against the San Jose Earthquakes following a tough draw against Toronto. They will be looking to build a winning stretch as the end of the regular season approaches.
GETTING PAST SEAN JOHNSON
- The FC Dallas offense will have a challenge getting past NYCFC goalkeeper Sean Johnson. He has started all but five games in goal this season for the top rated team. He has only allowed 31 goals in the net this season. The FC Dallas offense will have to have good communication and find ways to create opportunities if they want to get in the net.
- As Luchi Gonzalez has grown in his first year as a head coach we have seen the power of a teams identity around a coach’s style. This is shown with NYCFC’s head coach Domenec Torrent as well. Before joining the MLS in 2018, Torrent had coached at multiple well known European teams such as Barcelona FC, Bayern Munich, and Manchester City FC.
- Once again we see the formation of the FC Dallas lineup trying movements around the top half of the field with starters and positions. The positional versatility of multiple FC Dallas players including Ryan Hollingshead, Jesus Ferreira, Paxton Pomykal, and Brandon Servania have shown the advantage of shifting around the field in suprising the opponent and keeping people guessing.
GOAL SCORING OPPORTUNITIES
- FC Dallas has put a focus on scoring early and finding opportunities to get to the net after a lull in the middle of the season. They will look to continue this effort against New York City FC as well as get more aggressive in their offensive pressure through the end of the regular season. One thing that will be key for FC Dallas success is the number of goal scoring players across the field. Players from Forwards, midfielders, and even defenders have tallied a number of goals throughout the season and using this ability will be important in creating opportunities against NYC FC.