FC DALLAS vs. SEATTLE SOUNDERS
MLS Regular Season, Week 30
September 18 - 9:30PM
CenturyLink Field –Seattle, WA
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1 FM
- FCD record: 12-11-7 (43 pts., 8th in West)
- SEA record:14-9-7 (49 pts., 2nd in West)
- FCD vs. SEA all-time: 7-12-6 (28 GF, 42 GA)
- FCD vs. SEA Away: 1-9-5 (10 GF, 29 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off a loss against the Chicago Fire on Saturday. This snapped an offensive streak for FC Dallas that led to wins that have kept them above the playoff line. Seattle is coming off a 4-2 win over the New York Red Bulls. Seattle has held a top spot in the standings throughout the season while FC Dallas looks to stay in the conversation of playoffs.
SHUTTING DOWN RAUL RUIDIAZ
- FC Dallas defense will need to shut down Sounders forward Raul Ruidiaz if they want to have an opportunity to lead the scoring in the match. Ruidiaz leads the Sounders team in goals, shots, and shots on goal for the season. In the past month he has scored 3 goals, taken 8 shots on goal, and assisted in two goals. He is a force that FC Dallas will need to be prepared for on the Sounders offense.
- With each match and week the MLS playoff picture gets a little more defined. FC Dallas will need success as they fell below the playoff line with the loss against Chicago. They are currently tied with the Portland Timbers at 43 points and will need to pass them in order to get back into the playoff picture.
- With a quick turnaround and trip, it will be a focus point for FC Dallas to take lessons from the match against Chicago into training for Seattle. The team will play 3 games in a matter of 8 days with the Sounders match being in the middle of the week on Wednesday night. It will be a point of focus to continue to push and perform at a high level on the road before returning to Toyota Stadium.
SHUTTING OUT THE NOISE
- FC Dallas has seen success this season with shutting out the noise of big opponents. They have a record of winning against Seattle, D.C. United, along with Sporting Kansas City which are all known as being loud opponents to face. This will be a factor in playing at CenturyLink Field which is known as a tough stadium to play at. If FC Dallas can shut out the noise and find scoring opportunities early they have seen success in holding on to leads.