Victory over 10-man South Georgia Tormenta FC secures home field advantage for playoffs
Statesboro, Georgia (September 14, 2019) - A 2-1 comeback win over South Georgia Tormenta makes North Texas SC the inaugural USL League One Regular Season Champions.
- 4’ – A free kick was swung in by Charlie Dennis and Conner Antley got free at the back post and smashed the ball into the back of the net.
- 14’ – Dante Sealy cut inside off the right flank and his shot took a wicked deflection leaving Pablo Jara wrong footed, but the ball drifted just wide of the post.
- 21’ – Richard Danso ran down a long ball, outmuscled Ricardo Gomez, recovered his own rebound after a save by Jara, and slotted the ball into the back of the net to cap off a sensational solo strike.
- 28’ – Brilliant interplay between Bryan Reynolds and Ronaldo Damus set the Haatian striker free in the box, whose backheel to Dante Sealy was denied by a desperate sliding tackle by Antley.
- 45’ +3’ – From a very tight angle, Arturo Rodriguez whipped in a world class free kick that found the top right corner to give North Texas a 2-1 lead with the last kick of the first half.
- 55’ – Thomas Roberts set off on a weaving run, beat 3 defenders, and set up Rodriguez, but Marco Micaletto got back in time to make the tackle.
- 70’ – Charlie Dennis scampered down the wing and whipped the ball into the box, and Shinya Kadono rose highest and his bullet header went just wide of the post with Carlos Avilez nothing more than a spectator.
- 72’ – North Texas broke from a corner through Imanol Almaguer, who was brought down by Joshou Phelps, and the Tormenta center back was shown a second yellow card.
- 88’ – Arturo Rodriguez raced down the flank and cut it back to Damus at the top of the box, but the North Texas striker could only sky his shot over the bar
North Texas SC —Carlos Avilez, Imanoal Almaguer, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Alfusainey Jatta(David Rodriguez — 75’), Thomas Roberts, Arturo Rodriguez; Dante Sealy Oscar Romero — 81’), Ronaldo Damus, Richard Danso(Cesar Murillo — 90’ +2’).
Substitutes not used — Eduardo Cortez, Hector Montalvo.
South Georgia Tormenta FC — Pablo Jara; Conner Antley, Jordon Skelton, Joshua Phelps, Daltyn Knutson; Jad Arslan, Marco Micaletto (Dalton Pando — 88’), Ricardo Gomez, Mikie Rowe(Nicholas Wells — 59’); Charlie Dennis, Alex Morrell(Shinya Kadono — 52’).
Substitutes not used — Matias Reynares, Peter Pearson, Michael Mecham, Kobe Perez.
TRM: Conner Antley (Dennis) — 4’
NTSC: Richard Danso — 21’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez — 45+4’
TRM: Mikie Rowe (caution) — 19’
TRM: Marco Micaletto (caution) — 38’
NTX: Alfusainey Jatta (caution) — 43’
TRM: Connor Antley (caution) — 45’ +2’
TRM: Joshua Phelps (caution) — 61’
TRM: Joshua Phelps (ejection) — 72’