FC DALLAS vs. CHICAGO FIRE
MLS Regular Season, Week 28
September 14 - 2:30PM
SeatGeek Stadium –Chicago, IL
Univision, Twitter | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270 AM
- FCD record: 10-10-7 (37 pts., 8th in West)
- CHI record:8-12-10 (34 pts., 10th in East)
- FCD vs. CHI all-time: 22-16-4 (77 GF, 65 GA)
- FCD vs. CHI Away: 8-12-2 (30 GF, 38 GA)
- FC Dallas is currently off an offensive breakout and a win over FC Cincinnati that eliminated them from playoff contention. FC Dallas scored 11 goals over the past three matches leading up to the international break. The Chicago Fire are coming off a two week winless streak with a draw against the Columbus Crew and a loss to the New England Revolution leading up to the break last week.
HEATING UP AT THE RIGHT TIME
- Over the past few weeks we have seen FC Dallas really grow into the identity they have been building throughout the season. We’ve seen successful offensive growth and a number of goals to back up that development. We’ve seen lineup and roster changes that have seemed to work out in favor of FC Dallas. In comparison to previous seasons where FC Dallas heats up early in the season and is burnt out at the end, it seems as though FC Dallas’ game seems to be heating up at the right time in the season for a playoff picture potential.
NEMANJA NIKOLIC ON A STREAK
- Chicago Fire’s forward Nemanja Nikolic seems to be on a scoring opportunity streak over the past month. With exception of the Fire’s last two games, Nikolic scored 5 goals in the month of August alone. He has started and played the majority of the last 8 games. He currently is Chicago’s leading scorer with 11 goals this season, and will need to be shutdown by the FC Dallas defense to keep Chicago limited on their scoring opportunities.
CLINGING TO PLAYOFF CONTENTION
- According to the MLS' Tom Bogert Chicago is barely holding on to their chance at the playoffs. With the playoff picture getting more defined with every game both teams will look to increase their odds of staying in the playoff picture with a win this weekend. With the Western conference standings only seperated by a few points, this is a big stretch of games for FC Dallas as well as Chicago who both will be fighting for wins to stay in the conversation.
- FC Dallas will regain a number of players who were called-up to international duty over the past week. This will add an interesting level of adjustment as players return to the roster from a different play style and getting back in to training with their team days before the match. It also adds a good level of momentum to the roster as all those called up have been training for important games and have momentum from competing over the past week in friendlies and international matches.