Frisco, Texas – North Texas SC clinches home field advantage for the 2019 USL League One Playoff semifinal with a 4-0 win over Richmond Kickers at Toyota Stadium, courtesy of a hat trick by leading scorer Ronaldo Damus.
- 1’ – Richard Danso got to the right flank and Ronaldo Damus met his cross with a flicked header to give North Texas a 1-0 lead.
- 27’ – Arturo Rodriguez was played in clean on goal, rounded the keeper, but his shot was cleared off the line by Ivan Magalhaes.
- 30’ – Arturo Rodriguez picked up the ball in space and fed Damus, who beat his defender with a shimmy and powered the ball into the back of the net.
- 43’ – A mis-kick by Brecc Evans left the ball at the feet of Dennis Chin, but the striker couldn’t slip the ball past Jimmy Maurer.
- 51’ – Danso’s cross was deflected into the path of Damus, whose first time strike was brilliantly parried onto the bar by Akira Fitzgerald.
- 58’ – Mutaya Mwape cut inside and his curling shot was pushed over the bar by Maurer.
- 62’ – Callum Montgomery was too soft with his back header which led to total confusion in the box, with Jimmy Maurer making 3 saves and Brecc Evans clearing a shot off the line.
- 65’ – Charles Boateng got in behind the defense, but was denied by the outstretched foot of Maurer.
- 70’ – Damus took a cross down on his chest, and Arturo Rodriguez ran onto the layoff and blasted the ball into the back of the net.
- 77’ – Arturo Rodriguez cut to the byline and after his cross was deflected, Damus collected the ball and fired it past Fitzgerald for his hattrick and a 4-0 lead.
- 85’ – Arturo danced through the defense but a last second tackle caused the ball to bounce off him and onto the post.
North Texas SC —Jimmy Maurer; Jonothan Gomez, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Imanoal Almaguer; Bicou Bissanthe (Alfusainey Jatta — 61’), Gibran Rayo Jacori Hayes (David Rodriguez — 46’); Arturo Rodriguez, Ronaldo Damus(Dante Sealy— 78’), Richard Danso.
Substitutes not used — Carlos Avilez, Cesar Murillo, Oscar Romero, Cesar Garcia.
Richmond Kickers — Akira Fitzgerald; Scott Thomsen, Ivan Magalhaes, Conor Shanosky, Wahab Ackwei; Maxi Rodriguez, Jannik Eckenrode, Ryley Kraft; Mutaya Mwape (Justin Grove — 79’), Daniel Jackson (Charles Boateng — 46’), Dennis Chin (Luke Pavone — 70’).
Substitutes not used — Joe Rice, Josh Hughes, Eli Lockaby.
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus (Danso) — 1’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus (Rodriguez) — 30’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez (Damus) — 70’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus — 77’
RIC: Scott Thomsen (caution) — 61’
NTSC: Richard Danson (caution) — 75’
RIC: Wahab Ackwei (caution) — 90’
Weather: 90’, Sunny