USL League One leading scorer Ronaldo Damus scores his 11th goal of the season to lift North Texas SC five points clear in first place
Frisco, Texas– Ronaldo Damus and Arturo Rodriguez score to down Toronto FC II 2-0, giving North Texas SC a five-point lead at the top of the USL League One table.
- 5’ – Ronaldo Damus chased down an under hit back pass and collided with Eric Klenofsky but couldn’t force it past the Toronto keeper.
- 9’ – A frenetic passage of play started with an excellent point blank save by Jimmy Maurer, and then Richard Danso went one-on-one but couldn’t pull the trigger before the Toronto defense recovered.
- 12’ – Matthew Srbley stole in at the back post, and Jimmy Mauer made an amazing save to tip the downward header onto the bar.
- 41’ – Danso cut in off the right flank, beat two defenders, but his snap-shot was saved at the near post by Klenofsky.
- 43’ – Ronaldo Damus broke clear of his defender, and his powerful shot was pushed wide by Klenofsky.
- 51’ – Danso cut inside and Damus turned his defender with ease, but he couldn’t get his shot past Klenofsky who came out quickly and stayed up well.
- 62’ – Bryan Reynolds whipped a wonderful ball into the box, but David Rodriguez couldn’t keep the half volley down and it flew over the bar with Klenofsky rooted to the spot.
- 73’ – Imanol Almaguer was dragged down in the box, and Arturo Rodriguez sent the goalkeeper the wrong way and rolled it down the unoccupied middle to give North Texas the lead.
- 78’ – Nelson’s cross sliced through the Toronto defense, and Klenofsky somehow got a hand on Danso’s diving header.
- 83’ – Montgomery swung it wide to Reynolds, who strode forward and crossed to a wide open Damus, who obliged and smashed home to seal the victory.
- 90’ –Jimmy Maurer stayed alert and dove to his left, and at full stretch tipped the ball behind to keep the clean sheet
North Texas SC —Jimmy Maurer; John Nelson, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Alfusainey Jatta, Jacori Hayes (Imanol Almaguer— 62’), Arturo Rodriguez, David Rodriguez (Gibran Rayo— 71’), Richard Danso (Cesar Garcia — 90); Ronaldo Damus.
Substitutes not used — Pollo Cortes, Cesar Murillo, Bicou Bissanthe, Oscar Romero
Toronto FC II— Eric Klenofsky; Themi Antonoglou (Terique Mohammed — 46’), Patrick Anderson, Franco Mingo (Dante Campbell — 61’), Griffin Dorsey; Matthew Srbley, Tsubasa Endoh, Liam Fraser, Luca Petrosso, Jordan Faria(Jayden Nelson — 77’); Jordan Perruzza.
Substitutes not used — Mehdi Essoussi, Shaan Hundal, Yaan-Alexnadre Fillion, Gideon Waja.
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez (PK) - 73’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus (Reynolds)- 83’
TOR: Jordan Faria (caution) - 36’
TOR: Eric Klenofsky (caution) - 40’
TOR: Tsubasa Endoh (caution) - 75’
TOR: Terique Mohammed (caution) - 79’
TOR: Dante Campbell (caution) - 85’
Weather: Sunny, 94
Referee: Karen Callado
Assistant Referees: Matt Trotter, Mark Novosel
4th Official: Mehmet Gunal