Second half surge powers FC Dallas to victory
- Ryan Hollingshead scored his sixth goal of the season.
- Zdenek Ondrasek has recorded four goals and two assists in the past three games.
- FC Dallas now has three consecutive wins at Toyota Stadium and a nine-game undefeated streak.
- FC Dallas will travel to SeatGeek Stadium to face Chicago Fire on Saturday, September 14 at 2:30PM CT. Match will broadcast on Univision, Twitter, FCDallas.com/Radio and 1270AM en Español.
- 10’ – Emmanuel Ledesma cut inside and his curling effort struck the outside of the post and bounced wide.
- 13’ – Jesús Ferreira collected the ball on the edge of the box, and he tapped it to Zdenek “The Cobra” Ondrasek, whose lay off sat up perfectly for Ryan Hollingshead to lash his shot into the far corner of the net.
- 24’ – Hollingshead beat his man and slid in Ondrasek but he scuffed his shot and it was an easy save for Przemysław Tytoń.
- 28’ – Ferreira’s pass down the channel was collected by Michael Barrios, who cut inside and saw his curling shot bound for the far corner pushed wide by Tytoń.
- 41’ – A free kick was lofted into the FC Dallas area, and Jesse Gonzalez was equal to Roland Lamah’s powerful header.
- 49’ – A careless pass from Cincinnati fell to Ferreira, who unlocked the defense with a through ball to Barrios who blasted his shot past Tyton to give FC Dallas a 2-0 lead
- 52’ – Barrios whipped a cross in and Tytoń saved the first header from Ondrasek, but “The Cobra” reacted quickest, collected his own rebound, and tapped it into the empty net.
- 63’ – Reggie Cannon bundled over Lamah in the area, and the ensuing penalty was buried by Ledesma, making the score 3-1 in favor of Dallas.
- 74’ – After a VAR review, Kekuta Manneh was sent off for an off-the-ball incident.
- 90’ + 1’ – FC Dallas worked the ball down the wing, and the ball eventually fell to Paxton Pomkyal whose shot flashed wide of the post.
FC Dallas — Jesse González; Reggie Cannon (Bressan – 90’), Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead; Brandon Servania, Bryan Acosta, Jesús Ferreira (Paxton Pomykal – 67’); Michael Barrios, Zdenek Ondrasek (Ricardo Pepi – 87’), Dominique Badji.
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Bryan Reynolds, Edwin Cerrillo, Cristian Colmán.
FC Cincinnati — Przemysław Tytoń; Justin Hoyte, Maikel van der Werff, Kendall Waston, Greg Garza (Andrew Gutman – 60’); Leonardo Bertone, Victor Ulloa (Fatai Alashe – 64’), Allan Cruz; Roland Lamah (Rashawn Dally – 77’), Emmanuel Ledesma, Kekuta Manneh.
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Hague, Nick Haggluand, Tommy McCabe, Derrick Etienne.
FCD: Ryan Hollingshead (Zdenek Ondrasek) – 12’
FCD: Michael Barrios (Jesús Ferreira) – 49’
FCD: Zdenek Ondrasek – 52’
CIN: Emmanuel Ledesma (PK) – 64’
FCD: Matt Hedges (caution) – 37’
FCD: Dominique Badji (caution) – 60’
FCD: Reggie Cannon (caution) – 62’
CIN: Andrew Gutman (caution) – 65’
CIN: Emmanuel Ledesma (caution) – 73’
CIN: Kekuta Manneh (ejection) – 75’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (caution) – 85’
Weather: Sunny, 84
Referee: Guido Gonzales Jr.
Assistant Referees: Frank Anderson, Logan Brown
4th Official: Kevin Broadley
VAR: Kevin Terry