Oscar Romero scores his first goal for North Texas SC with a late penalty
Lansing, Mich. - Oscar Romero’s first goal for the club was consolation as North Texas SC was bested by Lansing Ignite FC 4-1.
- 8’ – Alfusainey Jatta let the pass from Nick Moon roll past him, and Pato Botello Faz snuck in behind him to tap it into the net.
- 13 –A cleverly worked free kick ended up on the head of Elma N’For, but he could only head over from six yards.
- 38’ – A long pass by Brecc Evans ended at the feet of Richard Danso, but the Ghanian could only drag his shot wide from the edge of the area.
- 43’ – Danso’s pass was slid in behind the defense and found Arturo Rodriguez, who cut inside and fired only to see his shot cleared off the line by Brandon Fricke.
- 45’ – After the ball bounced in the North Texas box, Moshobane fired a rocket at goal, but Carlos Avilez recovered and stopped the shot with his chest.
- 50’ – Elma N’For picked up the ball in the midfield, and after a 20 yard run he was able to find the far corner to put Lansing up 2-0.
- 61’ – Rafael Mentzingen got behind the North Texas defense and his shot was straight at Avilez who pushed it over the bar.
- 69’ – Moon got down the right side and whipped in a cross and Botella Faz was on-hand to apply the finishing touch.
- 71’ – Kevin Bonilla gave the ball away to Mentzingen, and he squared to Robinson Moshobane who buried the ball into the empty net.
- 80’ – Arturo Rodriguez burst through the Lansing defense and found Damus, who crashed his shot against the post.
- 86’ – Gibran Rayo was bundled over in the box, and the ensuing corner was buried in the corner by Oscar Romero for his first goal for the club.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; Imanol Almaguer, Brecc Evans (Hector Montalvo — 81’) Alfusainey Jatta, Kevin Bonilla; Bico Bissainthe (Oscar Romero — 74’), Tanner Tessman, David Rodriguez (Gibran Rayo — 53’); Arturo Rodriguez, Ronaldo Damus, Richard Danso.
Substitutes not used —Eduardo Cortez, Cesar Murillo.
Lansing Ignite FC — Stefan Cleveland; Grant Stoneman, Brandon Fricke, Kevin Coiffic; Rafael Mentzingen, Robinson Moshobane (Marshall Hollingsworth— 72’), Ivo Cerda, Xavier Gomez, Nick Moon (Rhys Williams— 74’); Pato Botello Faz (Alex Bruce— 80’), Elma N’For.
Substitutes not used — Kyle Carr, Steeve Saint-Duc, Christain Silva, Michael Kirk,.
LAN: Pato Botello Faz (Moon) — 8’
LAN: Elma N’For (Moshobane) — 8’
LAN: Pato Botello Faz (Moon) — 69’
LAN: Robinson Moshobane (Mentzingen) — 71’
NTSC: Oscar Romero — 86’
LAN: Nick Moon (Caution) — 31’
NTSC: Gibran Rayo (Caution) — 65’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez(Caution) — 76’
Weather: Sunny, 71
Referee: Luis Diego Arroyo
Assistant Referees: Nick Balcer, Noah Matos
4th Official: Alexander Plum