FC DALLAS vs. HOUSTON DYNAMO
MLS Regular Season, Week 25
August 25 - 7:00PM
Toyota Stadium – Frisco, TX
FS1 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270 AM
- FCD record: 10-10-7 (37 pts., 8th in West)
- HOU record:9-13-4 (31 pts., 9th in West)
- FCD vs. HOU all-time: 10-11-13 (51 GF, 50 GA)
- FCD vs. HOU Home: 6-4-7 (24 GF, 20 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off a second half draw against the Montreal Impact ending a week long road trip for the team. Before that they fell to the LA Galaxy, following a big 5-3 win over the Minnesota United team at Toyota Stadium. Houston is coming off a draw against the Colorado Rapids following 3 losses against the Chicago Fire, New York City FC, and the Philadelphia Union.
EL CAPITAN IS ON THE LINE
- With this being the second matchup of the year, El Capitan is on the line with this match. Since Houston won the first match earlier this year, FC Dallas needs to win in order to keep ownership of the cannon that symbolizes the Texas Derby. This match will determine the status of the trophy chosen to symbolize the rivalry.
- The FC Dallas roster has been experimenting with lineups and formations to put more of an emphasis on the offense. We saw a late momentum against Montreal where FC Dallas came back from a 3-0 score, to end the game with a draw in the second half. This will be a key thing to focus on against Houston in order to get an early lead and hold momentum through 90 minutes.
MAURO MANOTAS HEATING UP
- Houston’s forward Mauro Manotas is starting to heat up again. He is currently the leading scorer for the Dynamo most recently scoring a brace against Colorado. Manotas has scored four goals in the past month. He is a key piece of the Dynamo’s offense and FC Dallas defense will need to shut him down to help keep the Dynamo at bay. He has scored 11 of Houston's goals this year, whereas FC Dallas has split their goals among a few players with Dominique Badji and Jesus Ferreira tied in first at 6 goals each.
- FC Dallas has seen an increase in the power of subs throughout the game. Over the past few games, we have seen the subs come in find opportunities to score with an added energy late in the game. Brandon Servania, and Zdenek Ondrasek most recently scored late in the second half to help FC Dallas win, or come back to get a draw in what at the time were close outcomes.