FC DALLAS vs. MONTREAL IMPACT
MLS Regular Season, Week 24
August 17 - 6:30PM
Stade Saputo– Montreal, Quebec
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270 AM
- FCD record: 10-10-6 (36 pts., 8th in West)
- MTL record:10-13-3 (33 pts., 7th in East)
- FCD vs. MTL all-time: 5-1-1 (12 GF, 6 GA)
- FCD vs. MTL Away: 1-1-0 (3 GF, 3 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off a midweek loss against LA Galaxy. Before the midweek match FC Dallas recorded a big win over Minnesota United. The team has been looking to build on momentum as they push towards the final stretch of the season while rotating wins, losses, and draws before Minnesota. Montreal is coming off a midweek match as well where they faced the Cavalry in the Canadian Championship. Before that they lost to the Chicago Fire 3-2. They have struggled to keep a consistent streak as well.
- This will be the first matchup against Montreal Impact since Maximilano Urruti joined their team at the end of the 2018 season. Before he went to Montreal Maximilano spent three seasons with FC Dallas and will know some of our veterans. He recorded 8 goals with FC Dallas in his final season and will be someone the defense needs to be prepared to shut down in Montreal.
- Both FC Dallas coaches and players acknowledged that playoffs are moving forward in their minds as the season moves in to the final 8 games. Montreal had struggled to record a win in all but one of their last eight games, which means they have pressure to hold their spot in the table. FC Dallas was also looking to find ways to close the game and find the back of the net. Against Minnesota we saw a new formation show success with FC Dallas recording 5 goals. They used this formation again against LA Galaxy where they lost 2-0 due to a PK goal, and one ball that got past Jesse Gonzalez.
- Both teams are playing midweek matches against tough teams before preparing for the match on Saturday. FC Dallas faced the LA Galaxy before traveling cross country to Montreal. Montreal on the other hand faced Calvary in the Canadian Championship which is halfway across Canada in Alberta before returning home to face FC Dallas on Saturday night. Both teams have long road trips, and quick turnarounds in advance of the match.