FC DALLAS vs. ORLANDO CITY SC
MLS Regular Season, Week 22
August 3 - 6:30PM
Exploria Stadium - Orlando, FL
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270 AM
- FCD record: 9-8-6 (33 pts., 6th in West)
- ORL record: 7-11-5 (26 pts., 9th in East)
- FCD vs. ORL all-time: 3-0-1 (8 GF, 0 GA)
- FCD vs. ORL Away: 1-0-1 (2 GF, 0 GA)
- FC Dallas is currently coming off a draw against Real Salt Lake after a tough defensive battle the entire match. Leading up to Real Salt Lake FC Dallas had two big wins over D.C. United, and Sporting Kansas City with a couple friendlies and one MLS loss against Minnesota United mixed in to the schedule as well. Orlando City SC is most recently coming off a tough 4-1 loss to the New England Revolution. Orlando’s last win was on July 13th over Columbus, and since then they have drawn once and lost twice.
ALL STAR WEEK
- This weeks match follows the 2019 MLS All-Star week. This means Paxton Pomykal, Matt Hedges will be competing in the 2019 All-Star game and Homegrowns Brandon Servania, Bryan Reynolds, Thomas Roberts, and Edwin Cerrillo all will be participating in All-Star week events before the match on Saturday. Orlando has one player in the All-Star game, and two Homegrowns competing as well. This will cause the training and rosters for both teams to make adjustments and be fluid throughout the week.
- This will be FC Dallas’ first game against former teammate Tesho Akindele who has seen a good amount of playing time since joining Orlando City SC. The Orlando City Forward has tallied 7 goals for them so far this year, and started 16 games. Tesho was with FC Dallas for 5 seasons and knows a lot of current players on the roster. FC Dallas will have to prepare to counteract the former teammate momentum in order to see success.
CLOSING OUT THE GAME
- Over the past few games we’ve heard from FC Dallas players and coaches about the focus on closing the game. We’ve seen the development of this concept and improvement as the season progresses. One main focus for FC Dallas heading in to Orlando will be to continue that development and build on the momentum they have begun in order to walk away with another important three points.
Zero Goals Conceded
- Although FC Dallas and Orlando City SC don't have a very long history, the goal will be to continue their record heading in to Saturday's match. FC Dallas has managed to hold Orlando City to scoring zero goals in all of their former matches. Jesse Gonzalez has been performing well and making it difficult for other teams to get in the net, along with a strong defense to protect the box. FC Dallas will look to continue shutting out Orlando SC's shots to add another three points to their record.