Resolute defense and clinical finishing lead FC Dallas to crucial road win
- Both Dominique Badji and Jesús Ferreira scored to take their respective totals to six goals.
- FC Dallas will return to Toyota Stadium to play Real Salt Lake on July 27 at 7 PM CT. Match will be broadcasted on Texas 21, FCDallas.com/Radio and Zona MX 99.1FM en español.
Kansas City, KS – FC Dallas defeats Sporting Kansas City and earns its first road clean sheet in second consecutive win at Children’s Mercy Park.
- 11’ – A ball bounced around in the FC Dallas box and eventually fell to Gianluca Busio who spooned it over the ball.
- 16’ – Seth Sinovic got free down the right, but his shot was blocked and Jesse Gonzalez was able to make the save.
- 26’ – Sinovic ghosted into the box and Graham Zusi’s set piece deflected of his chest and went just wide.
- 37’ – Sinovic’s misplaced pass gifted the ball to Barrios and the Colombian turned and unselfishly crossed to Badji who put his laces through the ball and found the net.
- 45’+ 3’ – Santiago Mosquera picked up the second ball from an FC Dallas corner and his swerving drive had Tim Melia at full stretch to deny him.
- 48’ – Servania made a great run and played through Barrios in the middle, who couldn’t hit the target.
- 57’ – Jesus Ferreira waltzed through the SKC defense and his clever head fake sent the goal the wrong way and with a composed finish out FC Dallas up 2-0.
- 60’ – Servania’s clever turn and pass left Badji open but Melia closed the angle and pushed it behind.
- 71’ – Dániel Sallói found space in the channel but Hedges matched him stride for stride and blocked the goal bound shot at full stretch.
- 86’ – Reto Ziegler’s positioning was excellent and allowed him to turn Busio’s shot behind for a corner.
- 90’+4’ – Jesse Gonzalez reacted brilliantly and sprang to life to palm Krisztian Nemeth’s shot around the post, preserving the clean sheet.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon (Bressan – 64’); Brandon Servania, Bryan Acosta; Santiago Mosquera (Bryan Reynolds – 74’), Jesus Ferreira (Jacori Hayes – 84’), Michael Barrios; Dominique Badji.
Sporting Kansas City — Tim Melia; Seth Sinovic, Matt Besler, Botond Baráth, Graham Zusi; Gedion Zelalem,(Roger Espinoza – 65’), Gianluca Busio, Felipe Gutiérrez; Gerso Fernandes, Yohan Croizet (Krisztian Nemeth – 55’), Johnny Russell (Dániel Sallói – 71’).
Substitutes not used — Adrian Zendejas, Andreu Fontàs, Benny Feilhaber, Jimmy Medranda.
FCD: Dominique Badji (Michael Barrios) – 37’
FCD: Jesús Ferreira – 57’
SKC: Yohan Croizet (caution) – 29’
FCD: Reggie Cannon (caution) – 35’
SKC: Felipe Gutiérrez (caution) – 43’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (caution) – 68’
Weather: Sunny, 93
Referee: Alan Kelly
Assistant Referees: Kathryn Nesbitt, Jose Da Silva
4th Official: Lukasz Szpala
VAR Official: Hilario Grajeda