FC DALLAS vs. SPORTING KANSAS CITY
MLS Regular Season, Week 20
July 20 - 7:30PM
Children’s Mercy Park- Kansas City, KS
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1FM
- FCD record: 8-8-5 (29 pts., 7th in West)
- KC record: 6-7-7 (25 pts., 9th in West)
- FCD vs. KC all-time: 23-25-12 (92 GF, 91 GA)
- FCD vs. KC Away: 9-15-7 (38 GF, 57 GA)
- FC Dallas came off a loss to Minnesota on Sunday before facing Sevilla FC in a friendly on Wednesday, Night. Sporting Kansas city is recently coming off a 3-0 win over the Vancouver Whitecaps making them begin a two game win streak since their win over the Chicago Fire on July 6th. Before that match Sporting KC had only seen two wins since May 26th.
GUITIERREZ GETS GUTSY
- Midfielder Felipe Guitierrez has seemed to be heating up in the past month. Although he has started 19 of the 20 games he’s appeared in, he has started finding his way to the net with 4 of his 8 goals this season being recorded since the beginning of June. The midfielder has also recorded 2 assists and 22 shots on goal throughout the 2019 season.
ROAD HEAVY STRETCH
- FC Dallas started a heavy stretch of away MLS matches last week against Minnesota. They now head to Kansas City which is also known as a tough place to play at. The team will be on the road for four of their next 6 MLS matches not including the 2019 All-Star and All-Star Homegrown games. After a heavy stretch of double match weeks, they head in to a stretch of road games against tough opponents once again putting their agility and perserverance to to the test.
- Both Sporting Kansas City and FC Dallas will be looking to their defense to shut down opportunities on goal. Over the past few matches we have seen FC Dallas build and develop in their pressure on the front line and increasing shot and goal opportunities. Additionally Sporting Kansas City has been closing games by finding openings along the backline to score. The defense on both sides of the ball will be a focus in the opponents mind.