North Texas SC moves eight points clear at the top of League One with its third away victory
- Ricardo Pepi returns to the North Texas SC lineup for the first time since signing a Homegrown contract with FC Dallas
- North Texas SC hosts South Georgia Tormenta FC on Saturday, July 20 at 6 PM at Toyota Stadium
- 8’ – Richmond created a dangerous chance early on but Imanol Almaguer was on hand to make a crucial defensive intervention.
- 11’ – Thomas Roberts found space at the top of the box and curled in the opening goal right into the top corner.
- 14’ – Callum Montgomery rose highest to head home Arturo Rodriguez’s corner to double North Texas’ lead.
- 16’ – Carlos Avilez made an important one-on-one save to deny Richmond its opening goal.
- 45’ – Thomas Roberts won the ball in Richmond’s half and drove toward goal but his near-post shot was saved.
- 50’ – Callum Montgomery dribbled to the end-line and found fellow center back Brecc Evans but his ensuing shot trickled wide of the post.
- 51’ – Carlos Avilez made an acrobatic reflex save stop a goal-bound volley and preserve his clean sheet.
- 68’ – Ricardo Pepi dribbled across Richmond’s box to find space for a shot but only found the side netting of the goal.
- 87 – Oscar Romero went through on goal but his clever chip over the on-rushing goalkeeper ended up wide of the target.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; Imanol Almaguer, Brecc Evans, Callum Montgomery, Jonathan Gomez; Alfusainey Jatta, David Rodriguez (Tanner Tessmann – 62’), Thomas Roberts; Ronaldo Damus (Oscar Romero – 20’), Ricardo Pepi (Bicou Bissainthe – 89’), Arturo Rodriguez
Substitutes not used — Eduardo Cortes, Cesar Murillo
Richmond Kickers — Akira Fitzgerald; Matt Bolduc (Eli Lockaby), Ivan Magalhaes, Conor Shanosky, Wahab Ackwei; Maxi Rodriguez, Mutaya Mwape, Jannik Eckenrode, Greg Boehm (Key White), Joe Gallardo (Josh Hughes), Dennis Chin
Substitutes not used — Joe Rice, Sam Moore, Braeden Troyer, Charles Boateng
NTSC: Thomas Roberts — 11’
NTSC: Callum Montgomery — 14’
RIC: Maxi Rodriguez (caution) — 42’
RIC: Wahab Ackwei (caution) — 57’
RIC: Jannik Eckenrode (caution) — 65’
NTSC: Thomas Roberts (caution) — 81’
RIC: Jannik Eckenrode (ejection) — 89’
Weather: Sunny, 88
Referee: JJ Bilinksi
Assistant Referees: Jeffrey Skinker, Ben Pilgrim
4th Official: Neil Morrissette