The win lifts North Texas SC four points clear at the top of USL League One
FRISCO – Ronaldo Damus scores for the fourth game in a row to help North Texas defeat Lansing Ignite FC 3-1 at Toyota Stadium.
- 7’ – A turnover in the midfield let Alex Bruce drive forward, but his pass was a little too heavy for Rafa Mentzingen and it ran through for Kyle Zobeck to collect.
- 15’ – Good interplay between forwards put Ronaldo Damus through but he pushed his shot wide of the far post.
- 37’ – A cross-field ball by Imanol Almaguer found Damus but he could only head wide from a tight angle.
- 41’ – Rhys Williams cut inside but his shot from 25 yards was straight at Zobeck.
- 44’ – The ball fell to Tumi Moshobane in the box from 10 yards, but Zobeck managed to steer Moshobane’s goal-bound shot wide with his right foot.
- 51’ – Callum Montgomery rose highest from a corner but he couldn’t keep his header down.
- 54’ – Alex Bruce turned on the edge of the box but he blazed his shot over the bar
- 57’ –Callum Montgomery won the initial header from a free kick and got his own rebound to hammer North Texas into the lead with a header from the edge of the six-yard box.
- 72’ – Jonathan Gomez found space down the left and crossed to Arturo Rodriguez who easily found the far corner from the top of the box to give North Texas a 2-0 lead.
- 73’ – Gomez played a through-ball to Ronaldo Damus who timed his run perfectly and slid the ball into the near corner to give North Texas a 3-0 lead.
- 80’ – Dante Sealy collected a cross from the far wing but his shot was straight at Cleveland in goal.
- 82’ – Steeve Saint-Duc got to the byline and his cutback found Pato Botello-Faz who stroked home a goal from inside the six-yard box.
North Texas SC — Kyle Zobeck; Jonothan Gomez, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Kevin Bonilla; Alfusainey Jatta (Oscar Romero— 78’), Imanol Almaguer, Tanner Tessmann; Ronaldo Damus (Cesar Murillo — 90’), Cristian Colman (Dante Sealy — 66’), Arturo Rodriguez
Substitutes not used — Carlos Avilez, David Rodriguez, Hector Montalvo, Gibran Rayo
Lansing Ignite — Stefah Cleveland; Kevin Coiffic, Brandon Fricke, Grant Stoneman, Rhys Williams; Nick Moon, Ivo Cedro, Tumi Moshobane (Elma Nfor — 84’), Xavier Gomez, Rafa Mentzingen (Pato Botello-Faz — 65’), Alex Bruce (Steeve Saint-Duc — 65’)
Substitutes not used — Mike Kirk, Kyle Carr, Marshall Hollingsworth, Christian Silva,
NTSC: Callum Montgomery — 57’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez (Gomez) — 72’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus (Gomez) — 73’
LAN: Pato Botello-Faz (Saint-Duc) — 82’
NTSC: Tanner Tessmann (Caution) — 43’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus (Caution) — 59’
LAN: Nick Moon (Caution) — 59’
LAN: Stefan Cleveland (Caution) — 75’
Weather: Cloudy, 81
Referee: Marco Vega
Assistant Referees: Kaili Terry, Andrea Jedele
4th Official: Jorge Luna Hernandez