FC DALLAS vs. VANCOUVER WHITECAPS
MLS Regular Season, Week 17
June 30 - 10:00PM
Providence Park - Portland, Oregon
Unimas, Twitter | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 7-6-5 (26 pts., 4th in West)
- POR record: 5-8-2 (17 pts., 11th in West)
- FCD vs. POR all-time: 8-6-7 (37 GF, 27 GA)
- FCD vs. POR Away: 1-6-3 (10 GF, 16 GA)
- FC Dallas is coming off yet another quick turnaround after a draw against Vancouver on Wednesday night. Portland is also on a quick turnaround this week after playing Montreal on Wednesday as well. Before Wednesday night, Portland had started building a three game win streak over the Seattle Sounders, LA Galaxy, and Houston Dynamo. Portland broke their win streak when they fell 2-1 against Montreal.
- Both Portland and FC Dallas have seen a number of younger than average starters over the past few games. FC Dallas has the youngest average age in the MLS, and Portland had 5 starters in their last match the age of 22 or younger. Both teams seem to have a focus on their young identity while intertwining veterans for a unique look across the field. This will be a match that displays the younger stars of these rosters. FC Dallas have seen young starters with Paxton Pomykal, Jesus Ferreira, Edwin Cerrillo, and Brandon Servania all play strongly over the past few games.
BOUNCE BACK GOALS
- Both Portland and FC Dallas have a vigorous stretch of games across the 2 weeks surrounding this match. Along with a tough schedule, both teams have seen their depth tested with quick turnarounds and opponents. We’ve seen movement across the FC Dallas lineup as players get rotated and moved around the field. Portland noted that their depth was tested against Montreal as they allowed players to recover and rotate in order to stay ready for a busy future.
PORTLAND RETURNS HOME
- The Portland Timbers started their season off with their first twelve MLS games of the 2019 season of the road. Providence Park was under construction forcing the Timbers to start their season off with no home field advantage. After the construction was finished, Portland played their first game at home against LAFC on June 1st. They have only played two MLS games and one Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup game there so far with a 2-1-0 record. FC Dallas will only be the fourth team to play the Timbers at home this year.