Badji scores brace, Pepi debuts in win
- Brandon Servania earned his first MLS start.
- Dominique Badji scored his first brace as an FC Dallas player and his third career brace.
- Bressan scored his first FC Dallas goal.
- Jesús Ferreira recorded two assists for the second time this season.
- Ricardo Pepi made his MLS debut after subbing in for Michael Barrios in the 84th minute.
- Jesse Gonzalez earned his third shutout of the season.
- FC Dallas will play Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday, June 26 at Toyota Stadium. Match will kick off at 8 PM CT and will be broadcasted on Texas 21, FCDallas.com/Radio and 1270AM en español.
FRISCO, Texas — FC Dallas earns three points at home after shutting out Toronto FC, 3-0, with a goal from Bressan and brace from Dominique Badji.
- 12’ – Paxton Pomkyal played a through ball that split the Toronto FC defense, but Jesús Ferreira could only shoot straight at Quentin Westberg.
- 39’ – Michael Barrios wiggled through the Toronto defense and his near post shot was well saved by Westberg.
- 39’ –FC Dallas continued to test Westberg from long range, and Bressan tried a long range piledriver and forced Westberg to make another important save.
- 41’ – After a run down the right side, a Barrios cross eventually found its way to Dominique Badji by way of Jesus Ferreira, who tapped the ball in from short range to open the scoring.
- 47’ – Paxton Pomykal found himself with the ball 30 feet from goal and drove into the box but saw his shot saved.
- 48’ – Alejandro Pozuelo had an immediate impact and played a ball behind the defense but Jesse Gonzalez came out and made a fingertip save.
- 51’ – Barrios’s corner was an outswinger and Bressan met the cross and hammered a header past Westberg’s despairing grasp to score his first FC Dallas goal.
- 58’ – FC Dallas had a 3-on-2, and Ferreira attracted the last defender and played in Badji who curled it into the far corner past Westberg to put FC Dallas up 3-0.
- 79’ – Reto Ziegler found himself with the ball in the box but his goal bound shot from 10 yards was blocked.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Bressan; Edwin Cerrillo, Brandon Servania, Paxton Pomykal; Dominique Badji (Santiago Mosquera – 72’), Jesús Ferreira (Bryan Reynolds – 89’), Michael Barrios (Ricardo Pepi – 83’).
Toronto FC — Quentin Westberg; Eriq Zavaleta, Laurent Ciman (Alejandro Pozuelo – 46’), Drew Moor, Justin Morrow; Richie Laryea, Liam Fraser, Marky Delgado, Jay Chapman (Jacob Shaffelburg – 59’); Nick DeLeon (Jordan Hamilton – 82’), Terrence Boyd.
Substitutes not used — Caleb Patterson-Sewell, Griffin Dorsey, Ayo Akinola, Tsubasa Endoh.
FCD: Dominique Badji (Jesús Ferreira) – 41’
FCD: Bressan (Michael Barrios) – 51’
FCD: Dominique Badji (Jesús Ferreira, Paxton Pomykal) – 58’
Misconduct Summary: NONE
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 81
Referee: Kevin Stott
Assistant Referees: Adam Wienckowski, Gjovalin Bori
4th Official: Nima Saghafi
VAR Official: Malik Badawi
AVAR: Kevin Klinger