FC DALLAS vs. TORONTO FC
MLS Regular Season, Week 16
June 22 - 7:00PM
Toyota Stadium - Frisco, Texas
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 6-6-4 (22 pts., 5th in West)
- TOR record: 5-6-4 (19 pts., 7th in East)
- FCD vs. TOR all-time: 9-2-5 (25 GF, 18 GA)
- FCD vs. TOR Home: 7-2-2 (18 GF, 9 GA)
- Toronto is coming off a two-week break, playing their last match on June 7th against Kansas City. Leading up to their break Toronto had a tough stretch with a 7 game winless streak recording their last win on May 4th. FC Dallas is at the beginning of a busy stretch of games. They lost their game on Wednesday over New Mexico United in the U.S. Open Cup. Leading up to Wednesday’s match FC Dallas beat Oklahoma Energy FC 4-0 in their first game of Open Cup before losing to New Mexico United 2-1.
- Both FC Dallas and Toronto have made a point to focus their concepts on purposeful play and tactful goal set-ups. Both teams have a focus in creating and capitalizing on space offensively which will be key in their matchup on Saturday. FC Dallas has been capitalizing on their opportunities making their focus on the front line clear in their 4-0 win over Oklahoma. There has been some movement across the frontline setup over the past few weeks but have been seeing more unity across the lineup.
CONSISTENCY IS KEY
- Toronto FC has struggled to play consistently for the past month. Over the past month regardless of their momentum they have come out with a draw or a loss since May 4th. On the other hand FC Dallas snapped a six-game winless streak with their win over the Sounders and seem to be finding a more consistent rhythm across their changing lineups. Due to a lot of adjustments on both sides of the ball, both teams will need to find a consistent rhythm early to see success on Saturday.
POZUELO’S KEY PERFORMANCE
- Alejandro Pozeulo has been a critical part of Toronto’s midfield throughout the season. He has started every game except 2 since joining the club in March. Pozuelo has earned Team of the Week honors three times throughout his short career with Toronto FC playing a role in multiple key plays for Toronto.