The club exits the Open Cup at the Round of 16 for the second consecutive year
- Brandon Servania scored his first goal for FC Dallas
- Ricardo Pepi earned his second consecutive start for FC Dallas in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- FC Dallas returns to MLS action on Saturday to face Toronto FC at 7 PM at Toyota Stadium
UNIVERSITY PARK, Texas — FC Dallas exits the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with a 2-1 loss to USL Championship side New Mexico United at Westcott Field.
- 2’ – A 23-pass move to start the game is almost turned into his own net by Justin Schmidt.
- 30’ – Dominique Badji was slipped in by Michael Barrios but Cody Mizell got down smartly to keep out the far post shot.
- 35’ – A one-two pass between Schmidt and Sandoval played Schmidt on goal and his shot beat Jimmy Maurer but crashed against the post.
- 38’ – A poor defensive header fell to Ryan Hollingshead but his shot was pushed wide with Cody Mizell at full stretch.
- 41’ – A corner was played out to the edge of the box and Brandon Servania smashed an unstoppable rocket into the top left corner from 25 yards out.
- 44’ – A miscommunication at the back for FC Dallas led to a shot saved by Jimmy Maurer but the rebound bounced kindly to Kevaughn Frater who tucked it into an empty net.
- 46’ – A Michael Barrios cross was almost turned into the NMU net by Justin Schmidt.
- 51’ – Clever footwork by Bryan Reynolds left him open at the edge of the box but he pulled his shot wide.
- 64’ – A corner bounced around in the box and the ball eventually fell to Sam Hamilton who couldn’t miss from six yards and gave New Mexico the lead.
- 74’ – Paxton Pomykal beat his man and drove to the byline and his cutback found Ryan Hollingshead whose shot was blocked.
- 82 – Paxton Pomykal hit a sweet strike from 20 yards but Cody Mizell was up to the task and pushed it wide.
FC Dallas — Jimmy Maurer; Ryan Hollingshead, Bressan, Matt Hedges, Bryan Reynolds (Thomas Roberts – 85’); Edwin Cerrillo, Brandon Servania (Zdenek Ondrášek – 75’), Jesus Ferreira, Dominique Badji, Michael Barrios; Ricardo Pepi (Paxton Pomykal – 57’).
New Mexico United — Cody Mizell, Austin Yearwood Justin Schmidt, Ethen Sampson (Manny Padilla – 83’) ; Santi Moar, Juan Guzman, Chris Wehan (Rashid Tetteh – 80’), Daniel Bruce; Devon Sandoval (Saalih Muhammad – 75’), Kevaughn Frater
Substitutes not used — Ben Beaury, David Estrada, Tommy Madden, Ryan Williams
FCD: Brandon Servania (Barrios) – 41’
NM: Kevaughn Frater – 45’
NM: Sam Hamilton – 64’
NM: Kevaughn Frater (Caution) – 59’
NM: Austin Yearwood (Caution) – 68’
FCD: Edwin Cerillo (Caution) – 90+2
NM: Cody Mizell (Caution) – 90+3
FCD: Bressan (Caution) – 90+6
Weather: Cloudy, 92
Referee: Jon Freemon
Assistant Referees: Jeremy Weed, Tony Obas
4th Official: Feri Demirhan