Francis Atuahene gets a dream debut, scoring the game-tying goal 42 seconds after being subbed on
- Francis Atuahene makes his MLS debut in the 64th minute after subbing on for Michael Barrios and scores his first MLS goal on his 23rd birthday.
- FC Dallas plays OKC Energy FC in the Fourth Round of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday, June 12 at 7 PM CT at Southern Methodist University’s Westcott Field. The match will be broadcasted on ESPN+.
San Jose, CA - FC Dallas draws against San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium after Francis Atuahene scores the game-tying goal in the 65th minute.
- 11’ – Jacori Hayes gets FCD’s first shot off from outside the box but his attempt is saved by Daniel Vega.
- 27’ – FC Dallas gets on the scoreboard first after Vega mistakenly allows a pass to go right through his legs and into the back of the net.
- 34’ – A Quakes corner taken by Cristian Espinoza finds Marcos Lopez on the left side of the box, but the Peruvian’s near-post volley meets a diving save from Jimmy Maurer.
- 39’ – SJ’s Magnus Eriksson gets a through pass to Valeri Qazaishvili but Jacori Hayes tracks back well to slow him down before Maurer can come up big again with another save.
- 46’ – SJ’s Chris Wondolowski scores his 152nd MLS career goal after a right-footed volley from an Eriksson cross.
- 54’ – The Quakes take the lead after Eriksson’s left-footed volley from the top of the box appears to be cleared off the goal line by Matt Hedges, but after a VAR review, the goal is given to the Earthquakes.
- 65’ – Not long after making his MLS debut, Francis Atuahene scores his first MLS goal after sending a curling right-footed shot pass Vega’s right side.
- 72’ – Qazaishvili’s long shot is too strong and goes high above Maurer’s goal.
- 83’ – Matt Hedges jumps above two SJ defenders to put a header in a dangerous area for Vega, but it just misses the target and hits the post.
- 90+5’ – FC Dallas nearly get a game-winner when Jesus Ferreira sent a lobbed pass into Atuahene, but his shot from inside the box is blocked by a defender.
FC Dallas — Jimmy Maurer; Reto Ziegler, Matheus Bressan, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon; Ryan Hollingshead, Jacori Hayes; Dominique Badji (Bryan Reynolds – 84’), Thomas Roberts (Ema Twumasi – 77’), Michael Barrios (Francis Atuahene – 64’) ; Jesus Ferreira.
San Jose Earthquakes — Daniel Vega; Marcos López (Paul Marie – 71’), Florian Jungwirth, Francois Affolter, Tommy Thompson; Jackson Yueill, Judson, Valeri Qazaishvili (Siad Haji – 77’); Cristian Espinoza, Chris Wondolowski, Magnus Eriksson.
Substitutes not used — Andrew Tarbell, Jimmy Ockford, Eric Calvillo, Luis Felipe Fernandes, Kevin Partida.
FCD: Daniel Vega (own goal) – 27’
SJ: Chris Wondolowski (Magnus Eriksson, Marcos López) – 46’
SJ: Magnus Eriksson (Tommy Thompson) – 54’FCD: Francis Atuahene (Jacori Hayes) – 65’
FCD: Dominique Badji (caution) – 13’
SJ: Marcos López (caution) – 14’
FCD: Jesus Ferreira (caution) – 90’+1’
Weather: Sunny, 81
Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Ian Anderson, Corey Rockwell
4th Official: Joseph Dickerson
VAR Official: Edvin Jurisevic