The club remains atop USL League One despite losing its first-ever competitive match
TORONTO - North Texas SC falls 3-2 to Toronto FC II in its first USL League One defeat despite goals from Ricardo Pepi and Ronaldo Damus
- Ricardo Pepi scores his lead-leading sixth goal of the season
- Jonathan Gomez makes his professional debut
- North Texas SC faces the Richmond Kickers on Saturday, June 1 at 6 PM at City Stadium.
- 8’ – David Rodriguez had North Texas’ first sight of goal but his left-footed shot sailed over the goal.
- 12’ – Patrick Bunk-Andersen opened the scoring for Toronto with a lower diving header at the back post.
- 20’ – North Texas nearly equalized through Alfusainey Jatta from a David Rodriguez corner but Jatta’s shot was saved on the doorstep.
- 23’ – Ricardo Pepi was inches away from tying the game but his shot struck the post after being one-on-one with the goalkeeper.
- 26’ – Matthew Srebly extended Toronto’s lead after a giveaway at the back from Bicou Bissainthe.
- 45’ – Ricardo Pepi halved the deficit with a cool finish into the top corner after receiving a ball in behind from Ronaldo Damus to score his sixth goal of the season.
- 56’ – Ronaldo Damus levelled the game with his 3rd goal of the season with a rebound after the goalkeeper saved Arturo Rodriguez’s initial shot.
- 65’ – North Texas nearly took the lead through Arturo Rodriguez after his younger brother David found him in the box but his ensuing shot was saved.
- 77’ – Terique Mohammed put Toronto back on top after collecting a clever chipped through-ball in behind the defense.
- 90’ – Ricardo Pepi had a chance from an indirect freekick in the box to save a point for North Texas but the wall blocked his shot.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; Jonathan Gomez, Callum Montgomery (Oscar Romero), Alfusainey Jatta, Kevin Bonilla; Bicou Bissainthe (Dante Sealy), Tanner Tessmann, David Rodriguez (Gibran Rayo); Arturo Rodriguez, Ricardo Pepi, Ronaldo Damus
Substitutes not used — Cesar Murillo, Hector Montalvo
Toronto FC II — Kevin Silva; Terique Mohammed. Patrick Bunk-Andersen, Julian Dunn-Johnson (Jelani Peters), Dante Campbell; Adolfo Ovalle, Noble Okello, Jordan Faria (Trevor Swarts); Matthew Srbely (Franco Ramos Mingo), Lucas Petrasso; Jacob Shaffelburg
Substitutes not used — King, Essoussi, Waja
TFCII: Patrick Bunk-Andersen – 12’
TFCII: Matthew Srbely – 26’
NTSC: Ricardo Pepi – 45’
NTSC: Ronaldo Damus – 56’
TFCII: Terique Mohammed – 77’
TFCII: Noble Okello (caution) –32’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez (caution) – 35’
TFCII: Patrick Bunk-Andersen (caution) – 45’
NTSC: Alfusainey Jatta (caution) – 87’
TFCII: Kevin Silva (caution) – 95’
Weather: Mostly sunny, 58 F
Referee: Alexis Vaughn
Assistant Referee: Brad Doubrough
Assistant Referee: Phillip Benevides
4th Official: Yusri Rudolf